And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2014, 05:08:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 13, 2014, 05:04:32 PM
But, you know, don't bug me right after a big loss.  I need about 30 minutes to get my sanity back.

:lol:  It used to be, it took me until about Wednesday.  Now I'm good around late Monday afternoon.

Playoff losses, on the other hand...now they smart.
i still haven't watched the Ravens-Niners Super Bowl.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on July 13, 2014, 05:12:41 PM

I have a feeling that the national team has a different status in rotw than in the us.

Sure sounds like it.

PDH

Quote from: Maladict on July 13, 2014, 05:14:34 PM

I have a feeling that the national team has a different status in rotw than in the us.

Sure sounds like it.
I don't know,  I slept horribly for a couple of nights (reliving both the 2nd goal against Portugal and the loss to Belgium) after the US was out.  It might have something to do with casual fans vs fans who follow the sport.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Most important thing though is I got to watch the entire game at work. Being on call with no calls for the second world cup final in a row.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

The streaker was promoting a movie. Disappointing.

Maladict

Quote from: PDH on July 13, 2014, 05:17:46 PM

Sure sounds like it.
I don't know,  I slept horribly for a couple of nights (reliving both the 2nd goal against Portugal and the loss to Belgium) after the US was out.  It might have something to do with casual fans vs fans who follow the sport.

Fair enough.  :)

Ed Anger

Way too much crying in the stands. Pussies.

Hilarious, but still pussies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: PDH on July 13, 2014, 05:17:46 PM

Sure sounds like it.

What was there to lose sleep about with the Belgium game?  The US wasn't really expected to even get out of group play, Belgium was favored to win the game and they showed very clearly during the game that they were better, even though the US just missed a chance at a miracle at the end.  I would understand if they were expected to win that game, or to make a deep run and were beaten by a lesser team, but sometimes the other team is just better than you and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

Admiral Yi

Chicks blubber all the time at college football games.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on July 13, 2014, 05:44:38 PM
What was there to lose sleep about with the Belgium game?  The US wasn't really expected to even get out of group play, Belgium was favored to win the game and they showed very clearly during the game that they were better, even though the US just missed a chance at a miracle at the end.  I would understand if they were expected to win that game, or to make a deep run and were beaten by a lesser team, but sometimes the other team is just better than you and there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

That doesn't work man.  The US had the tying goal and blew it.  Besides how much better were they really from the US anyway?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 13, 2014, 06:07:22 PM
Chicks blubber all the time at college football games.

Leave Tim Tebow alone.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Josephus

Best world cup ever and I've seen a few.

Might consider going to Russia next time around.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Great game, tough loss.  Our group ended up close to 50/50 after some extra Germans showed up.

I love this pic-- the Argentine kids look German and the German kids look Argentine.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Pretty good game considering it was a final.

All in all, this World Cup was brilliant and I miss it already. :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.