News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Gonna be hard to blame this one on Neymar.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Norgy on July 08, 2014, 03:43:57 PM
Everyone knows man flu is the worst disease in the world!

Brazil's defence's been shaky all through the World Cup and no Thiago Silva certainly hasn't improved it.

The funny thing is on paper their defense should be extremely good.

Syt

The way Brazil started they were clearly going for an early goal. I was actually wondering if they could maintain that and not fall apart if Germany were to score first. Didn't expect them to just roll over and die there for 15 minutes, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Hey, look, Brazil actually took a shot!

FunkMonk

I'm guessing Brazil went into this game naively believing their team spirit in the wake of Neymar's injury and the spirit of the nation behind them would galvanize them to a miraculous victory.

A fit Germany has quickly ended that belief.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

I cannot ever recall a World Cup half quite like this before.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

This is so damned hilarious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

I really am not a German fan but this was the best. Knockout stage, redeemed!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Valmy on July 08, 2014, 03:49:06 PM
I cannot ever recall a World Cup half quite like this before.

Even Iran would've been ashamed by that half time score.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malicious Intent

Hansmeister

I will check the British press tomorrow to see if a single game review will not include the terms "blitzkrieg" and "panzer".

Norgy

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 08, 2014, 03:45:38 PM
Quote from: Norgy on July 08, 2014, 03:43:57 PM
Everyone knows man flu is the worst disease in the world!

Brazil's defence's been shaky all through the World Cup and no Thiago Silva certainly hasn't improved it.

The funny thing is on paper their defense should be extremely good.

Yeah, it should, yet... they fall apart like the elite Republican Guard of the Iraqi army did in 1991.
David Luiz is supposedly one of the best defenders in the world. I have yet to see any evidence that he is. Their fullbacks are more like supporting wide midfielders and leave so much space behind them Lincoln would've been able to include that area in the Homestead Act.
However, Brazil's biggest problem now is the complete and utter lack of attacking power without Neymar.

Zanza

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Historic.

Speechless.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011