News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 08, 2014, 01:55:09 PM
I suppose an interesting stat will be how many questionable calls Brazil will need to overcome the German side.

FIFA loves a major soccer powerhouse like Brazil, also playing at home, so they may get lots of close calls.

On the other hand, everyone is talking about this. They may try to salvage credibility by throwing a bunch of calls Germany's way.

But then this is such a high profile game, they may try to call it even to cover up its actions in all the other games.

I'm interested to see which way FIFA goes. The first option will be the most brazen, while the latter two will perhaps be the most nefarious, and lots more corruption is in our future.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

No chance of officiating being done by the rules of the game with no attempts at favouring either side?

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on July 08, 2014, 02:07:03 PM
No chance of officiating being done by the rules of the game with no attempts at favouring either side?

Of course. I really doubt FIFA has the balls or the inclination to buy a referee so the home team wins.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Home team always gets at least a slight advantage on calls, whether it's a FIFA conspiracy or not.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 08, 2014, 02:18:44 PM
Home team always gets at least a slight advantage on calls, whether it's a FIFA conspiracy or not.

There is a FIFA conspiracy behind everything.  They basically run the sports world.  They are responsible for all of Cleveland's teams being bad at the same time for decades on end.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Brazil hasn't lost a competitive home game since 1975. :ph34r:

derspiess

Getting ready to sneak out to The Pub (yeah, that's what it's called) to see the first half.  Go Krauts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

I had to change my avatar. I can't support a Brazil team whose greatest hope is a defender.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Admiral Yi

SQUAREHEADS, SQUAREHEADS, UBER ALLES, UBER ALLES. :punk:

Hansmeister

I want to have Mueller's love child.

Zanza

You would think that defenders nowadays know who Thomas Müller is, but they left him quite alone there...

Liep

It wasn't for long that David Luiz got to be the darling. What a blunder.