And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

The Brazilian students across the street have removed the flags from their windows.  :hmm:

Tamas

I am betting on Germany reaching the final.

frunk

Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2014, 04:18:49 AM
I am betting on Germany reaching the final.

Man, I'm so tempted to change my picks based on this tip.

Tamas

:D My main reason for it is that my joy after the match is guaranteed: if Germany wins I'll be happy for my extra 90 pence (oh hells yeah), if Brazil wins, I will be happy to see Germany out.

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2014, 05:51:42 AM
:D My main reason for it is that my joy after the match is guaranteed: if Germany wins I'll be happy for my extra 90 pence (oh hells yeah), if Brazil wins, I will be happy to see Germany out.

I don't know, Brazilian tears will be delicious. But maybe even more so if they lose the final.

Monoriu

I am obligated to support Brazil, but Germany is fine as well. 

Maladict

Quote from: alfred russel on July 06, 2014, 08:15:06 PM
The dutch losing in the finals is becoming a pedictable tradition.

Just like the Dutch losing on penalties. :contract:

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Maladict on July 08, 2014, 06:01:23 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2014, 05:51:42 AM

I don't know, Brazilian tears will be delicious. But maybe even more so if they lose the final.

I want to see them finish out the cup with two losses.

derspiess

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 08, 2014, 10:13:55 AM

I'm not greedy.  I just want to see them lose one.  Home field advantage seems tough to overcome, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 08, 2014, 10:13:55 AM

Meh, nobody cares about the 3rd place game. I wouldn't watch it even if the national team plays.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

I suppose an interesting stat will be how many questionable calls Brazil will need to overcome the German side.

Zanza

QuoteGerman Team Hoping To Lift Nation's Spirit Following Reports Of 5% Unemployment
SPORTS NEWS IN BRIEF • Sports • Womens Sports And Soccer • ISSUE 50•27 • Jul 8, 2014

RIO DE JANEIRO—Aspiring to provide a boost for the beaten down nation, members of the Germany national soccer team expressed hope Tuesday that a victory over Brazil in the World Cup semifinals will help lift up their countrymen following reports that their current unemployment rate sits at 5 percent. "A win today would mean so much to Germany during tough times like these," said midfielder Thomas Muller, confirming that a strong showing on the pitch has the potential to offer a much-needed escape, if only for one afternoon, to a country currently facing the bitter reality of ranking behind four other nations on the Human Development Index. "We know that we can't change the fact that our average countryman's life expectancy is 80.89 years, or that we're still waiting on a high-speed rail line to connect Hanau and Gelnhausen. But maybe, in some small way, we can use this game today to remind everyone that it is still a great thing to be a German." Muller added that he and the team intend on praying before the game for the growing segment of the German population reportedly dissatisfied with their universal health care.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/german-team-hoping-to-lift-nations-spirit-followin,36416/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default