Norgy

You're some sort of Asian Illuminati-Templar-Freemason aren't you?  :hmm:

Monoriu

Quote from: Norgy on July 05, 2014, 06:09:24 PM
You're some sort of Asian Illuminati-Templar-Freemason aren't you?  :hmm:

I just want a predictable World Cup  :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on July 05, 2014, 06:08:16 PM
Mission accomplished.  All North American, Asian and African teams out.  Victory for the status quo. 

The next stage is to get rid of Netherlands to ensure that only a team that has won a WC before will win it this time.

You also need to get rid of Germany so a South American team wins in South America. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Mission accomplished.  All North American, Asian and African teams out.  Victory for the status quo. 

The next stage is to get rid of Netherlands to ensure that only a team that has won a WC before will win it this time.

I think you lost here. Costa rica was not going to win the wc, but the dutch might. Sure the dutch are favored under your system, but no one will remember this match. The bigger picture is who will be champion.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Monoriu

Quote from: alfred russel on July 05, 2014, 06:22:24 PM

I think you lost here. Costa rica was not going to win the wc, but the dutch might. Sure the dutch are favored under your system, but no one will remember this match. The bigger picture is who will be champion.

But Costa Rica and Netherlands are very different.  Netherlands winning the WC is like Spain winning it last time.  Regrettable, but doesn't really kill the system.  I am fine with supporting Netherlands in the future.  But Costa Rica winning it is the end of the world.  Can you imagine supporting the Costa Rican team for the rest of your life?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2014, 06:21:36 PM

You also need to get rid of Germany so a South American team wins in South America. :contract:

That's like icing on the cake :contract:

Eddie Teach

One year, you get a cake without icing. Maybe the next time you get a pie instead. Or a doughnut.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I don't like Van Persie. He looks like a douche.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2014, 06:28:51 PM
One year, you get a cake without icing. Maybe the next time you get a pie instead. Or a doughnut.  :P

I have my priorities straight -

1. (Crucial) The World Cup stays in European and South American hands.

2. (important) The World Cup is won by a team that has won it before.

3. (nice to have) The World Cup is won by a team from the same continent where the tournament is held.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 05, 2014, 05:58:27 PM
Quote from: Zanza on July 05, 2014, 05:54:04 PM
That new goalie was annoying.

He should have been booked but he is good at stopping penalties.

Van Gaal is a genius.

Admiral Yi

I don't get the Dutch hate.

FunkMonk

Van Gaal is a mad genius. If he wasn't so good at football he'd be in an insane asylum.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 05, 2014, 06:29:49 PM
I don't like Van Persie. He looks like a douche.

He's a well known mental case too.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

Watching in a London pub where everyone was cheering for Costa Rica for some reason: annoying.
Jumping around screaming like a maniac in my orange gear among hundreds of bummed out people: priceless