And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 04, 2014, 10:29:44 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 04, 2014, 08:55:49 AM
Landon Donovan has been having a moan in the press, criticizing Klinsmann's tactics saying he wasn't attacking enough. :huh:

Dude just needs to stfu and get over the fact he couldn't fit into the team. I can see why Klinsy left him at home. What a fucking loser. Shameful.
He's right though

Nope. Impossible to play an open, attacking game of soccer when opponents like Belgium and Germany completely outclass you in every category. The best we could do in those situations is defend well and play on the counter. Losing Altidore also forced a drastic change in Klinsmann's plans. I'm no fan of Altidore (he's a big lug who can't score against decent defenders) but he's unfortunately our best option as an out-and-out lone striker. Portugal was our best game and I think we were very fluid and attacking in that one.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: sbr on July 04, 2014, 10:34:02 AM
Landon Donovan has been having a moan in the press, criticizing Klinsmann's tactics saying he wasn't attacking enough. :huh:

Dude just needs to stfu and get over the fact he couldn't fit into the team. I can see why Klinsy left him at home. What a fucking loser. Shameful.

ESPN hired him as an analyst for the World Cup, he is getting paid to express his opinion. :huh:

If only I could get paid for expressing bad opinions. I'd be a millionaire.  :(

Pedrito

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 04, 2014, 10:58:44 AM

ESPN hired him as an analyst for the World Cup, he is getting paid to express his opinion. :huh:

If only I could get paid for expressing bad opinions. I'd be a millionaire.  :(
:D  And in the meanwhile, Germany's up 1-0

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

crazy canuck

When a person is paid to give their opinion they should ensure their opinion is worthy of the payment.

edit: Funkmunk beat me to it.

FunkMonk

Norgy

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the match so far, to be honest.

FunkMonk

Yeah it's a bit shit. USA - BEL was a lot more watchable.

Norgy

At least both have nice national anthems.

Monoriu

Cool result.  Germany will be there to stop Columbia in case Brazil fails. 

Duque de Bragança

FunkMonk

Fuck Germany they're really boring  :(

FunkMonk

Norgy

This time the Schlieffen Plan worked.

Zoupa

I hate everything and everybody  :cry: