News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: alfred russel on June 09, 2014, 12:49:35 PM
If Brazil can't pull off the World Cup in decent form, the Olympics have to be a bit concerned. At least Brazilians care about and do well in soccer.

FIFA announces Brazil has experienced an average attendance of 98.2% of capacity across all venues.

Looks like it's going over OK
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josephus on July 01, 2014, 08:46:13 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 09, 2014, 12:49:35 PM
If Brazil can't pull off the World Cup in decent form, the Olympics have to be a bit concerned. At least Brazilians care about and do well in soccer.

FIFA announces Brazil has experienced an average attendance of 98.2% of capacity across all venues.

Looks like it's going over OK
Is that the original planned capacity, or the capacity that they finished?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Ed will be glad to know that the party ends for us tonight. I hope at least that our boys can put in a good showing before they have to bow down to these... Belgians.  :yucky:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 01, 2014, 11:09:25 AM
Ed will be glad to know that the party ends for us tonight. I hope at least that our boys can put in a good showing before they have to bow down to these... Belgians.  :yucky:

Dont be a debby downer Belgium cant score.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA

Agelastus

I dunno; tonight's game is the only one where I actually hesitated before picking a winner in the pool. I eventually plumped for Belgium but I can easily see it going the other way.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

HVC

After some exciting group stage games these knockout games are a bit of a let down.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

:zzz

Messi is looking okay, but everytime he passes it his teammates just fucks up. Those "wings": :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

So these are the 5th and 6th best teams in the world.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

I think Argentina proves you need more than just a star player.  :hmm:

My betting has gone to pot recently.

Liep

Iirc Keanu Reeves lead the replacements to a victory after the fat guy threw up in the huddle, maybe Messi has seen that?

Zanza

Liep

What's up with the heart sign being thrown after goals? Are they all One Direction fans?

Liep

FunkMonk

This game was shit and bad for 120 minutes and hilarious and fun in the last 3.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.