News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2014, 01:05:01 PM
I had some moules-frites  when I was  in Montreal  and  I must confess I don't quite see the allure.

If you don't like mussels & fries, I guess you wouldn't like it.  I happen to like both. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Norgy

Mussels are great. Most seafood is, except squid. Doesn't matter if you call it calamari. It's still squid.

The Larch

Mmm, grilled squid with aioli... :mmm:

Norgy

Nothing with aioli, that I can live with.  :hug: Or just bread.

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on June 30, 2014, 02:06:34 PM
Mmm, grilled squid with aioli... :mmm:

Grilled or deep fried is awesome, as long as it's fresh and not overcooked.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

I fear the Germans will blitz through Algeria and around France's flank into the quarterfinal.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

I read somewhere that Algeria's players are following Ramadan strictly, while the muslim German players (Özil and Khedira) will defer it until after the tournament. Doesn't seem like the best idea for Algeria to play in the Brazilian heat and refuse to drink...

Admiral Yi

You're allowed to drink water.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2014, 02:46:27 PM
You're allowed to drink water.

No you aren't.  I mean granted you can opt out if you want but no food, no drink.  At least that is how my Turk friends do it and they are hardly fundies being westernized Texan sorta Muslims.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Norgy

Texan Moslems sound really dangerous.  :ph34r:

The Larch

What Valmy said, if they're strict they can't even drink water until sundown. Hope nobody faints from dehydration.

FunkMonk

Algeria have already created better chances, and more of them, than we did in our entire game against Germany.

DGuller

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 30, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Algeria have already created better chances, and more of them, than we did in our entire game against Germany.
In our defense, we suck.

FunkMonk