News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Spanish king abdicates

Started by Syt, June 02, 2014, 04:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 02, 2014, 05:55:08 PM
Edit: Also was I the only English person who thought that we should probably try and seize Cadiz and Ceuta today? :blush:

Is Málaga not enough?

Caliga

Is this Prince dude the one with the super hot wife? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I'd still rather have Assad's wife.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

When I was little, I remember being dumbfounded when I first heard that some European country had a king.  Up until that point I assumed that all royalty was executed at one time or another as nations modernized.

The Larch

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 02, 2014, 11:35:59 AM
You can ignore all that other stuff, but shoot a bear and there's hell to pay?   :lol:

Sounds like CdM's kind of country.

The other stuff is not ignored, it's simply silenced. Lots of the king's activities were kept completely in the dark for the Spanish public, and the most egregious ones only came to light when they were impossible to cover up. The elephant hunt was only known because he broke his hip there, if he hadn't broken his hip we would have never know that he hunted elephants in Botswana joined by his lover who also happened to be some kind of shady deal brokerer in a trip paid by shady Saudi businessmen. And its those shady dealings the ones which raise the big red flags. The big game hunting is just an unpalatable hobby, but one that raises concerns.

Syt

So what's the verdict? Did he return the country to democracy, because he wanted to be king, but without the tedious responsibility of actually having to run the country?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Caliga on June 03, 2014, 06:56:46 PM
Is this Prince dude the one with the super hot wife? :)

I'm astounded by how many foreigners find Princess Letizia hot.

NOW, if the Prince had married that Swedish lingerie model he was dating, then we would be talking.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Larch on June 03, 2014, 07:48:53 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 02, 2014, 11:35:59 AM
You can ignore all that other stuff, but shoot a bear and there's hell to pay?   :lol:

Sounds like CdM's kind of country.

The other stuff is not ignored, it's simply silenced. Lots of the king's activities were kept completely in the dark for the Spanish public, and the most egregious ones only came to light when they were impossible to cover up. The elephant hunt was only known because he broke his hip there, if he hadn't broken his hip we would have never know that he hunted elephants in Botswana joined by his lover who also happened to be some kind of shady deal brokerer in a trip paid by shady Saudi businessmen. And its those shady dealings the ones which raise the big red flags. The big game hunting is just an unpalatable hobby, but one that raises concerns.

Por que no te callas?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

I wonder how much pussy the prince scored at GU.  Or King Whatshisface from Jordan.