Iran now has enough uranium to make a nuclear bomb

Started by jimmy olsen, June 09, 2009, 07:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Poor Tim.  Slated for death.  I tried, man.  I tried.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 09, 2009, 08:00:23 PM
Is a nuclear bomb something to be laughed at? All it takes is one for Tel Aviv to be razed to the ground.
They'd risk the utter annihilation of their entire civilization for one strike on an Israeli city with thousands of Arabs and right next to Palestine?   :huh:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Lucidor

Quote from: Queequeg on June 10, 2009, 02:27:38 AM
Is a nuclear bomb something to be laughed at? All it takes is one for Tel Aviv to be razed to the ground.
They'd risk the utter annihilation of their entire civilization for one strike on an Israeli city with thousands of Arabs and right next to Palestine?   :huh:
True, Israel might retaliate... ;)

Syt

They'd risk the utter annihilation of their entire civilization for one strike on an Israeli city with thousands of Arabs and right next to Palestine?   :huh:

Would any western power actually retaliate like that? The media would give the politicians all kinds of hell for killing all the reform willing, pro-west young folks for something their irresponsible leaders did.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alatriste

Wrong, Jim.

Iran has got enough non enriched uranium to feed their centrifugues. Once those 1300 kgs of 'raw' uranium have been completely processed the Iranians will have got the uranium needed to make a bomb.

But that's nothing new, there is a reason the headline is "Uranium found at second Syria site - IAEA" and not "Iran ready to make a nuclear bomb".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on June 10, 2009, 02:51:21 AMall the reform willing, pro-west young folks

:lol: Somebody still believes in unicorns.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Alatriste on June 10, 2009, 03:04:48 AM
Wrong, Jim.

Iran has got enough non enriched uranium to feed their centrifugues. Once those 1300 kgs of 'raw' uranium have been completely processed the Iranians will have got the uranium needed to make a bomb.

But that's nothing new, there is a reason the headline is "Uranium found at second Syria site - IAEA" and not "Iran ready to make a nuclear bomb".

Which is what the title claims; it wasn't "Iran now has enough HEU to make a nuclear bomb." :contract:

Don't mind me; I've just been in a pissy mood the past couple days and feel like splitting hairs. :D
Experience bij!

Neil

Of course they would.  They're not people.  They don't think like people do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

with thousands of Arabs and right next to Palestine?   :huh:

I am confident in the willigness of Iranians to fight to the last Arab.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

Nothing to see hear, it will still be <some long time, albeit less than before> before Iran can actually nuke anyone! Move along, move along, the appeasement train will be coming through on schedule, and we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Berkut, Iran is still a sovereign country. It's a little late for non-proliferation, so at this point all we can do is apply diplomatic pressure to make sure the nuke tech they already have ends up in the hands of a sane (or at least less combative) government.
Experience bij!

Berkut

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 10, 2009, 09:03:39 AM
Berkut, Iran is still a sovereign country. It's a little late for non-proliferation, so at this point all we can do is apply diplomatic pressure to make sure the nuke tech they already have ends up in the hands of a sane (or at least less combative) government.

Of course, we must apply diplomatic pressure, because that will make them a sane government....who wants to wipe Israel from the face of the earth.

This will surely all work out fine.

Move along! Everything is fine! Applying diplomatic pressure, and then we may even apply more pressure if that pressure doesn't work! Strongly worded notes are a possibility!

0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Berkut on June 10, 2009, 09:18:48 AM
Of course, we must apply diplomatic pressure, because that will make them a sane government....who wants to wipe Israel from the face of the earth.

Move along! Everything is fine! Applying diplomatic pressure, and then we may even apply more pressure if that pressure doesn't work! Strongly worded notes are a possibility!

Sanctions, dipshit. We can't glass 'em over, but at least starving them out is still legal.
Experience bij!

Berkut

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 10, 2009, 09:23:28 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 10, 2009, 09:18:48 AM

Sanctions, dipshit. We can't glass 'em over, but at least starving them out is still legal.

Oh sure, kill another quarter million children and infants, real nice, monster.

0 rows returned