News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

News from Iran? Good? Bad? Who knows?

Started by Faeelin, June 08, 2009, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Really what this thread needs is pictures of Hot Persian chicks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Jos Theelen on June 19, 2009, 05:03:35 AM
Well, Khamenei's speech was clear. Ahmedinejad is a clear winner, fuck off Mousavi.
Wow, he told the masses to fuck off.  Shocking! ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Well, Khamenei's speech was clear. Ahmedinejad is a clear winner, fuck off Mousavi.
Well then, that ought to settle things, quiet the crowds.....   <_<

My next question would be: What part of the reasons for these protests not being just about the recent election, does the Iranian leadership not understand? The election issue was just the catalyst to get things going. They have much larger issues  and people are letting them know, by the hundreds of thousands, day after day.

Valmy

I really liked how he told them to express their opinions through rigged elections and not rock the boat.

Fantastic speech, I was worried he would say something reasonable and end the whole crisis.  Yeah not so much from crazy clerical dude.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on June 18, 2009, 09:36:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 18, 2009, 08:52:22 PM

The ayatollahs will still be running the country.  Iranians are religious automatons.
Thirty years of tyrannical theocracy are enough to knock the God, let alone the fundementalism, out of almost anybody.  Mosque attendance has gone way down since the Revolution.
And yet there's all sorts of Islam-related chants in the streets, and the election is being attacked as un-Islamic.

The Iranian people are the enemies of the West.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 08:26:05 AM
And yet there's all sorts of Islam-related chants in the streets, and the election is being attacked as un-Islamic.

Nothing could be better than a civil war in Iran over who is more Islamic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 19, 2009, 08:28:36 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 19, 2009, 08:26:05 AM

Nothing could be better than a civil war in Iran over who is more Islamic.
Especially if they start using their uranium to terrorize each other with dirty bombs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Crazy_Ivan80

if only someone could make it clear to iranians that as long as they stay muslim they're just some type of arabs.

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 19, 2009, 09:51:37 AM
if only someone could make it clear to iranians that as long as they stay muslim they're just some type of arabs.

if only someone could make it clear to you that you are a sad little man.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Iran is so yesterday.  I want something else.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

if only someone could make it clear to iranians that to me, as long as they stay muslim they're just some type of arabs.
FYP, and I don't really think they care much what delusions feed your ignorance.  Less than 1/5 of the world's Mulsims are Arab.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on June 19, 2009, 10:01:45 AM
FYP, and I don't really think they care much what delusions feed your ignorance.  Less than 1/5 of the world's Mulsims are Arab.
AHAH!  But 100% of all Arabs are Arab!  Caught by your own logic...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: grumbler on June 19, 2009, 10:01:45 AM
if only someone could make it clear to iranians that to me, as long as they stay muslim they're just some type of arabs.

As if I don't know that arabs are minority in islam  :rolleyes:
Think outside the box thank you:
Islam is wether you like it or not and arab invention.
Iran is muslims because tehy lost their war agains them.
So one can easily claim that as long as the Iranians -at least the parsi- are muslim they're still following the religion of the people who defeated them.
The conclusion being that as far as spiritual matters are concerned an arab rules their mind. conquest isn't only about land remember.
It's somethign to tell a certain type of iranians when their talking about how great and ancient their civ is.

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 19, 2009, 10:21:55 AM
As if I don't know that arabs are minority in islam  :rolleyes:
As if your post didn't contend that people who are not Arabs are viewed by you as Arabs because they are Mulsim!  :rolleyes:

QuoteThink outside the box thank you:
Think, thank you.

QuoteIslam is wether you like it or not and arab invention.
"Like it or not?"  :lmfao:

QuoteIran is muslims because tehy lost their war agains them.
So one can easily claim that as long as the Iranians -at least the parsi- are muslim they're still following the religion of the people who defeated them.
The conclusion being that as far as spiritual matters are concerned an arab rules their mind. conquest isn't only about land remember.
It's somethign to tell a certain type of iranians when their talking about how great and ancient their civ is.
So, because Christianity is a Jewish invention, then as far as spiritual matters are concerned, the Swedish minds are ruled by a jew?  :lmfao:

I strongly suspect that you haven't given this argument a great deal of thought.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!