The "I Can't Believe You Numbnuts Couldn't Make An NFL Draft Thread" Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: derspiess on May 12, 2014, 11:00:30 AM
Water hyacinth transportation affects us all, g :angry:

Apologist, hell--he's probably aiding and abetting.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 12, 2014, 11:45:05 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2014, 09:42:43 PM
I know I'm going to explode if I see the Red Retard's interception face again in the playoffs.

Running game will be so strong this year that won't be a factor.

This post contains "forward-looking statements" – that is, statements related to future, not past, events. In this context, forward-looking statements often address our expected future performance, and often contain words such as "expect," "anticipate," "intend," "plan," "believe," "seek," "see," or "will." Forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain.

They didn't draft Carlos Hyde.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

QuoteThe St. Louis Rams got a fairly unbelievable return in their trade that sent quarterback Robert Griffin III to Washington, but we all knew that. It is referenced all the time.

The Alex Smith trade isn't talked about as much but it's pretty unbelievable, and will help the 49ers for many years to come.

The 49ers traded Smith, who San Francisco was never going to willfully start in another game, for a second-round pick in 2013 and a conditional pick in 2014 that became a second-rounder once the Chiefs won eight games last season. 49ers general manager Trent Baalke started trading down with those picks, gaining extra selections, and that's where it gets interesting.

The 49ers ended up with five players from that trade, according to MMQB's Peter King. Here was the haul:

- DE Tank Carradine, 2013 second round
- LB Corey Lemonier, 2013 third round
- LB Chris Borland, 2014 third round
- RB Carlos Hyde, 2014 second round
- WR Stevie Johnson, trade from Buffalo
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

I am glad the Skins sent those pics to a team more able to use them  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

sbr

I admit, I had the draft coverage on the TV most of the weekend, though I didn't watch much of it it was mostly background noise as the TV usually is.  The best line of the entire thing (though I don't remember if it was NFL network or ESPN) was when one of the talking heads mentioned that Louisville had 3 players picked in the first round, which led to someone else mentioning that Texas still hadn't had anyone picked.  The response from a third party (no idea who) was that that was why the Louisville coach was now the Texas coach.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2014, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2014, 09:03:33 PM
Vince Young got waived.

He was on a team?  Good for him.

The Brownies.

But with an A&M player with some skill on the roster, a shitty Longhorn wasn't needed.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on May 12, 2014, 09:07:32 PM
I admit, I had the draft coverage on the TV most of the weekend, though I didn't watch much of it it was mostly background noise as the TV usually is.  The best line of the entire thing (though I don't remember if it was NFL network or ESPN) was when one of the talking heads mentioned that Louisville had 3 players picked in the first round, which led to someone else mentioning that Texas still hadn't had anyone picked.  The response from someone (no idea who) was that that was why the Louisville coach was now the Texas coach.

It was the first time ever, since the draft started in 1936, that a UT player has not been picked.  Even Ed Price's legendarily horrible 1956 team had players drafted (of course there were about 20 rounds then...but there were a lot fewer teams as well).  In case anybody doubted the fact Mack Brown's program was in serious free fall.

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2014, 09:13:51 PM
The Brownies.

But with an A&M player with some skill on the roster, a shitty Longhorn wasn't needed.

He can show Cleveland how to squeeze their balls and masturbate into jars.

Ed Anger

sbr

Ed Anger

Valmy

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 12, 2014, 09:24:35 PM
Go eat a frito pie.

I'd rather eat a frito pie than join the Big Ten.

frito pie makes me shit, joining the Big Ten lets everyone else shit all over me. :(