The "I Can't Believe You Numbnuts Couldn't Make An NFL Draft Thread" Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Solid Ravens pick.  They needed an impact player at LB, they got one.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2014, 08:56:25 PM
God, Ray Lewis is fucking tedious. Just repeat the points everybody else is making.  :rolleyes:

Oh, like that never happens with pros-turned-commentator.  At least he's not having an orgasm every time he opens his mouth, like Chucky.

I hope Dan Dierdorf crashes on your sofa for a month.  And uses the word "superlative" the whole time.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2014, 09:03:13 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 08, 2014, 09:01:04 PM
The way the post run the ball nfl works, you really need a decent qb if you want to win the super bowl. If you list the top 15 qbs in the league, most teams got them on draft day. I think it is nuts watching a bunch of shitty teams with shitty qbs drafting other positions. If you dont like manziel, bridgewater looked pretty damn good throwing the ball in actual football games.

How many of them were top 10 draft picks?

The "taking you to the super bowl QBs", with their draft position (going off a list of week 17 starters, by memory will fill some in, but may overlook a few):
Matt Ryan (3)
Joe Flacco (18)
Cam Newton (1)
Patyon Manning (1)
Matthew Stafford (1)
Aaron Rodgers (24)
Andrew Luck (1)
Tom Brady (199)
Drew Brees (32)
Eli Manning (1)
Ben Roethlisberger (11)
Colin Kaepernick (36)
Russell Wilson (75)
Robert Griffen III (2)

So of those 14 guys, 11 were in first round position based on the number of teams we now have, 1 in the 2nd, 1 in the 3rd, and 1 in the 6th.

Clearly, if your team wants Bridgewater and no one values him as a top 10 pick, you would be better off waiting. So I'm not so much criticizing one team, but a larger system that is drafting safeties over decent QB prospects.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2014, 09:17:56 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2014, 08:56:25 PM
God, Ray Lewis is fucking tedious. Just repeat the points everybody else is making.  :rolleyes:

Oh, like that never happens with pros-turned-commentator.  At least he's not having an orgasm every time he opens his mouth, like Chucky.

I hope Dan Dierdorf crashes on your sofa for a month.  And uses the word "superlative" the whole time.

:cry:

The sweat stains would ruin my couch.

CountDeMoney

I bet the Texans take Derek Carr in the 2nd round, just to kill off the entire Carr gene pool from the face of the earth.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

I look forward to my insanely talented nephew getting drafted.  I'm gonna be the uncle running on stage to hug him, stiff-arming his mom.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy