The "I Can't Believe You Numbnuts Couldn't Make An NFL Draft Thread" Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, May 08, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I know I'm going to explode if I see the Red Retard's interception face again in the playoffs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: daveracher on May 09, 2014, 05:53:36 PM
So the Browns draft a QB and lose Josh Gordon for a year.  :nelson:

It's one thing to lose a player testing positive for banned substances in order to rehabilitate an injury or to gain a competitive edge, it's another to lose him to dope. 

With a base salary of $825,604 for next year, that's sixteen $51,000-plus paychecks all up in bong smoke.   Serves him right.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2014, 01:03:28 PM
So does insider trading, but that doesn't bother him either.

Well it probably violates their contracts as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2014, 01:44:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2014, 01:02:51 PM
It violates Federal Law Yi.

It's a misdemeanor.

Agreed.   I'd like to see the NFL suspend a player for a year for the equivalent crime of transporting water hyacinths:
Quote18 U.S. Code § 46 - Transportation of water hyacinths

(a) Whoever knowingly delivers or receives for transportation, or transports, in interstate commerce, alligator grass (alternanthera philoxeroides), or water chestnut plants (trapa natans) or water hyacinth plants (eichhornia crassipes) or the seeds of such grass or plants; or
(b) Whoever knowingly sells, purchases, barters, exchanges, gives, or receives any grass, plant, or seed which has been transported in violation of subsection (a); or
(c) Whoever knowingly delivers or receives for transportation, or transports, in interstate commerce, an advertisement, to sell, purchase, barter, exchange, give, or receive alligator grass or water chestnut plants or water hyacinth plants or the seeds of such grass or plants—
Shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/46
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 12, 2014, 10:31:33 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2014, 01:02:51 PM
It violates Federal Law Yi.

The NFL is not a federal law enforcement agency.

That is true.  But I fairly certain that people living and working in the US are required to abide by federal law.  Most employers would rather their employees, especially highly visible ones also abide by federal law.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2014, 09:42:43 PM
I know I'm going to explode if I see the Red Retard's interception face again in the playoffs.

Running game will be so strong this year that won't be a factor.

This post contains "forward-looking statements" – that is, statements related to future, not past, events. In this context, forward-looking statements often address our expected future performance, and often contain words such as "expect," "anticipate," "intend," "plan," "believe," "seek," "see," or "will." Forward-looking statements by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.