Woman posts "The Happy Song makes me so HAPPY.", dies seconds later.

Started by Syt, April 28, 2014, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Ah I missed the PSA on texting while driving when this headline popped up. I had wondered why this was newsworthy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

It's weird she thought anyone would give a shit about that. :hmm:

Anyway, it's probably best if people ignore attention whoring posts like that on FB.  My guess is she had a bunch of people who liked everything she posted, thus affirming that making meaningless posts to FB was a good use of her time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2014, 10:02:41 AM
I just cannot understand how somebody can be so utterly stupid as to start texting during driving.

This seems a step beyond that. She was posting selfies and writing on facebook. :wacko:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Legbiter

Quote from: garbon on April 28, 2014, 10:43:01 AM
I just cannot understand how somebody can be so utterly stupid as to start texting during driving.

This seems a step beyond that. She was posting selfies.....

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

I text.

Unless you are over 50, don't call me, just send me a text.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on April 28, 2014, 10:43:01 AM

This seems a step beyond that. She was posting selfies and writing on facebook. :wacko:
It made her happy for the rest of her life.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Not directly related to this woman's hilarious death, but God I hate that song.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2014, 07:58:23 PM

As my wife put it...It has no point. It's not even really a song, it's more like...a soundtrack to a moment. Like an advertising jingle or bumper music for a radio show.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Black dude has sung it a couple times at my karaoke joint.  I think it's jammin.'

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 28, 2014, 08:07:03 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2014, 07:58:23 PM

As my wife put it...It has no point. It's not even really a song, it's more like...a soundtrack to a moment. Like an advertising jingle or bumper music for a radio show.

I sort of tolerated it the first time I heard it, but by the second it was tiresome and by the third extremely annoying.  I have heard at least part of it 1,251 times.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 28, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
Yi has a karaoke joint?  :lol:

I'm a regular at a karaoke joint.  I don't own it.

I do pull all the strings though.  :ph34r: