News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mystery of Unbearably Cute Cub Solved

Started by jimmy olsen, April 27, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:wub:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mystery-unbearably-cute-cub-named-tahoe-solved-n90961

QuoteMystery of Unbearably Cute Cub Named Tahoe Solved
By Elisha Fieldstadt

For more than a week, a wildlife organization in California has been trying to solve a confounding — albeit adorable — mystery of a baby bear that was left in a kennel on their driveway, and on Friday, they finally got their answer.

A man placed an anonymous call to The BEAR League in Lake Tahoe explaining that he found the cub "crying and hugging her deceased mother," the BEAR League said in a statement.

The statement said that the man must have been the person who dropped off the bear, who they have named "Tahoe," on April 16 because he knew the color of the blanket and kennel she was left in.

Although the man told the BEAR League that authorities told him to leave the bear alone, "his conscience would not allow him to walk away and leave her to die ... thankfully," the statement said.

BEAR League employees brought Tahoe to Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care, Inc., where she was examined by a vet and deemed to be healthy at 5.4 pounds and about 10 weeks old, according to the organization.

Over the past week, the BEAR League's Facebook page has been dedicated to updating Tahoe's fans with her developments. "Soon she will learn how to lap her formula out of a bowl, but there will be lots of messes made in the process," read one post.

Many posts also begged for the person who dropped Tahoe off to come forward, because without her origin, Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care would have trouble determining where she "will be released next winter or spring when she is big enough and ready to conquer the world," Ann Bryant, the Executive Director of Bear League told NBC News.

The caller told the Bear League he found the baby bear near the Humboldt Redwoods State Park, which is nearly 400 miles away from the facility, Bryant said, but her name will remain Tahoe because that's where her new caretakers found her.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

LaCroix

cute? it looks like an oversized rodent

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on April 27, 2014, 09:06:26 PM
The news article writer is also cute. :wub:

QuoteElisha Fieldstadt is a staff writer for NBC News. She started this role in January of 2014. Fieldstadt is responsible for reporting and writing news and enterprise stories. Fieldstadt joined NBCNews.com as an intern in June 2013 from Baruch College, where she was editor-in-chief of Dollars & Sense magazine. In that role, Fieldstadt edited, wrote and curated multimedia and feature stories for the online magazine. Dollars & Sense recently earned a Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown award.

Fieldstadt is a Harnisch Scholar and a member of the Reynolds Center's Circle of Achievement.

Journalism is such a dying industry, what's left of it is the realm of the right schools and big credentials.  Everybody else writes for the local Penny Saver.  Bet she sucked some awesome cock as an intern, though.

Quote"his conscience would not allow him to walk away and leave her to die ... thankfully,

Anyway, good for him.  He earned his karma for the afterlife.

I love bears; they're so cute, you almost don't even mind getting mauled to death by one.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2014, 11:29:51 PM
I love bears; they're so cute, you almost don't even mind getting mauled to death by one.
signed,

Timothy Treadwell
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on April 30, 2014, 03:27:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 28, 2014, 11:29:51 PM
signed,

Timothy Treadwell

:cry:  A touching tribute to the human spirit and the capacity for love.  And disembowelment.

derspiess

He died to protect bears :(

Except for the one that ate him and his girlfriend.  They shot the hell out of that one.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

:hmm: Katmai has his own national park?  :huh:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2014, 07:21:30 PM
He died to protect bears :(

Except for the one that ate him and his girlfriend.  They shot the hell out of that one.

And that was completely unnecessary.  :mad: