Woman posts "The Happy Song makes me so HAPPY.", dies seconds later.

Started by Syt, April 28, 2014, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 28, 2014, 08:30:10 PM
I could never karaoke. Don't ever try to get me to do it. Seriously.
I've been to karaoke once. Awful. Luckily I needed to get seriously, seriously drunk.
Let's bomb Russia!

Camerus

Chinese-style private karaoke rooms* you share with your friends are a lot of fun. 

*I'm talking legitimate ones.  I assume the ones that are fronts for brothels are also not without their charm.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 29, 2014, 06:54:43 PM
and it's becoming ubiquitous to the point that I'd say within 5 years it will be a huge epidemic, akin to what drunk driving was some 15 -20 years ago.

We are already there.  Texting now causes more fatal accidents and accidents causing injury then drunk drivers.  Yesterday I was forced off the road by a young lady who crossed the lane while she had her head down looking at something with one hand on her wheel.  I assume she was texting or something of that nature.  luckily there was a large shoulder at that point and I saw her coming.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2014, 12:54:14 PM
and it's becoming ubiquitous to the point that I'd say within 5 years it will be a huge epidemic, akin to what drunk driving was some 15 -20 years ago.

We are already there.  Texting now causes more fatal accidents and accidents causing injury then drunk drivers.  Yesterday I was forced off the road by a young lady who crossed the lane while she had her head down looking at something with one hand on her wheel.  I assume she was texting or something of that nature.  luckily there was a large shoulder at that point and I saw her coming.

Good god, that's crazy, glad you're ok. 

I'm increasingly seeing this too, because I'm on a bike I have a higher vantage point and together with these errant cars coming the other way, I can often look right into the passenger compartment and see what they're doing. 

It's just mind boggling that people 'think' this is ok, I'd rather face drunk drivers, at least they'll be mainly pretending, or having a wild stab at paying attention to the road ahead. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Camerus on April 30, 2014, 12:17:45 AM
Chinese-style private karaoke rooms* you share with your friends are a lot of fun. 

*I'm talking legitimate ones.  I assume the ones that are fronts for brothels are also not without their charm.

I think they're properly Japanese-style, since that's where they were popularized (I believe). But yeah, they can be lots of fun with the right friends and the right amount of alcohol.

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 30, 2014, 12:54:14 PM

Jesus fuck. Glad you're okay.

I hope you gave her a good solid 20 second honk and she ended up at the very least startled.