Woman posts "The Happy Song makes me so HAPPY.", dies seconds later.

Started by Syt, April 28, 2014, 08:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PDH

The best song to karaoke to is "Pay to Cum" by Bad Brains.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

I bet Yi does Tainted Love and Smooth Criminal.  ;)

He should do "Mister" with the butt dance. Laa la la la la la. Laa la la la la la.  :P

I could never karaoke. Don't ever try to get me to do it. Seriously.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: PDH on April 28, 2014, 08:23:59 PM
The best song to karaoke to is "Pay to Cum" by Bad Brains.

That doesn't sound like a very good karaoke song.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2014, 08:31:11 PM
I can sing Major Lazer's "Bubble Butt"

My father was chair dancing to that this weekend. I just couldn't.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on April 28, 2014, 08:31:03 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 28, 2014, 08:30:10 PM
I could never karaoke. Don't ever try to get me to do it. Seriously.

Why? It's no big.

I really don't know. I have no problem pulling out an instrument and playing stuff for people (I have done so impromptu before), but singing badly for them is another thing entirely.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2014, 10:30:40 AM
Well that is horrible.  Just glad nobody else was hurt.

What is up with songs that sound like they are from 1979 being hits recently?  First the retro Bruno Mars song last year now this Stevie Wonder sounding song this year.
Which one? A lot of his songs are retro.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 28, 2014, 08:46:21 PM
Which one? A lot of his songs are retro.

True, I should specify.  The one that sounded like late 70s R&B: Treasure.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2014, 07:58:23 PM
Not directly related to this woman's hilarious death, but God I hate that song.

Dont like others being happy?

jimmy olsen

I hadn't heard this song until this story brought it too my attention.

I kind of like it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2014, 10:02:41 AM
I just cannot understand how somebody can be so utterly stupid as to start texting during driving.

I drive to work every day. 60 kms each way. Most of which on what passes for a freeway here, the 401.

Trust me, I see more and more people doing it. It drives me crazy.

and it's becoming ubiquitous to the point that I'd say within 5 years it will be a huge epidemic, akin to what drunk driving was some 15 -20 years ago.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on April 29, 2014, 06:54:43 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2014, 10:02:41 AM
I just cannot understand how somebody can be so utterly stupid as to start texting during driving.

I drive to work every day. 60 kms each way. Most of which on what passes for a freeway here, the 401.

Trust me, I see more and more people doing it. It drives me crazy.

and it's becoming ubiquitous to the point that I'd say within 5 years it will be a huge epidemic, akin to what drunk driving was some 15 -20 years ago.

Here in New York there is a big campaign against it. There are a lot of signs that tell you now about how many points it'll cost you towards your insurance if you are caught. In hand with that they've started noting several rest stops as...texting stops.