And we're back!

Main Menu

Donald Sterling and Racism

Started by alfred russel, April 27, 2014, 08:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on April 27, 2014, 09:31:37 PM
I think she's cute.

She looks weird.  Her facial features frighten and confuse me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2014, 02:46:57 PM
Quote from: sbr on April 29, 2014, 01:43:55 PM
He bought the team for $15 million in 1981.  He is gonna be able to sell the team for probably $750 million. Not a bad way to get kicked out of the club.

Won't he be dead soon anyway?

Not if the baths in virgin's blood have their intended effect ...  : Báthory:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 29, 2014, 01:36:46 PM
Apparently the NBA is suspending him for life and will try to force him to sell the team. In an ironic twist, the main candidate to buy the Clippers is Magic Johnson.

Man that is extreme.  I guess image control and all that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on April 29, 2014, 01:43:55 PM
He bought the team for $15 million in 1981.  He is gonna be able to sell the team for probably $750 million. Not a bad way to get kicked out of the club.

All the people suing him are going to be rich!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

So are we going to get an all-black league or have those plans been shelved?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2014, 10:03:18 AM
:rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2014, 10:04:50 AM

Hey, take it up with Larry Johnson, not me.

Valmy

Don't listen to Grandma.  This is not the first time he has said something like this btw.  He said the Knicks were like slaves or something during the NBA finals against the Spurs, I don't know what that shit was about.  He is kind of an idiot.

Grey Fox

Just like the NHL isn't all white, Yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2014, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 29, 2014, 01:36:46 PM
Apparently the NBA is suspending him for life and will try to force him to sell the team. In an ironic twist, the main candidate to buy the Clippers is Magic Johnson.

Man that is extreme.  I guess image control and all that.

It will depend on a vote by the owners now, if 3/4 are ok, he'll be kicked out and forced to sell.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on April 30, 2014, 11:00:06 AM
It will depend on a vote by the owners now, if 3/4 are ok, he'll be kicked out and forced to sell.

Normally owners take care of their own like nobody's business.  It will be interesting to see what they do with such a PR shitshow.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2014, 11:06:41 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 30, 2014, 11:00:06 AM

Normally owners take care of their own like nobody's business.  It will be interesting to see what they do with such a PR shitshow.

Apparently they're more than willing to show Sterling the door, as he has been a league pariah for years already.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on April 30, 2014, 10:06:04 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2014, 10:04:50 AM

Hey, take it up with Larry Johnson, not me.
:huh:  Shouldn't you be the one taking it up with Larry Johnson?  You two are the only people who seem to want one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!