News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Donald Sterling and Racism

Started by alfred russel, April 27, 2014, 08:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah my grandmother would say things like 'why is her skin black?  She shouldn't stay out in the sun so long' real loud out in public.  It was really sad since she was never like that before her brain started going.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Where there is age there is wisdom.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

At least he said 'BLACKS'.  That's progress.

My dad's parents said "colored" all the time, though it was innocent and just the term they grew up with.  I never really heard them speak negatively about people of color. 

Now my mom's dad threw the n-word around freely but my mom's mom usually scolded him for it and reminded us that "black" was the appropriate term.  Looking back, I suspect that 90% of his "racism" was an attempt to get on her nerves.  I never saw him treat black folks any differently from whites.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

One time her grandma said to him "Bill, what happens if you get to heaven and it turns out that St. Peter is black?"

He said "Well, then I guess I'm screwed!" :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points