And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Big Ten East gos 4-1 in bowls, knocking off #1 Alabama and #5 Baylor along the way.  With that, and the hiring of Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, will this become the darling division that the SEC West was in 2014?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

sbr

I liked that one too, but Jimbo should have been talking to FSU's defense.

sbr

https://vine.co/v/Ow32eva2bhw

For those that don't get the joke:

[spoiler]That is Lance Stephenson who was blowing in LeBron James' ear during the NBA playoffs last year

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/assets/4525281/blow.gif[/spoiler]

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on January 02, 2015, 10:35:07 AM
I liked that one too, but Jimbo should have been talking to FSU's defense.
Yeah.  The offense turned the ball over five times, but the loss was the defense's fault.  Oregon scores like 49 points on average.  Nobody is going to shut that down; you have to out-score them, and you'll not do that turning the ball over 5 times.

Having said that, yeah, the FSU defense was gassed in the fourth quarter.  But that was likely because the offense couldn't sustain any drives after that big one at the start of the third quarter.  The very definition of "quitting" was going six straight drives three-and-out to end the game.

Bayraktar!

sbr

I didn't mean that the loss was just the defense's fault, but your image is about quitting and despite the Keystone Cops routine on 4th down and a tipped ball interception Winston sure as hell didn't quit.  He actually played pretty well but for those 2 plays.  If any part of the Fumble State team quit it was the defense. 

Of course we have both now spent way too much time discussing a silly response to a silly image.

katmai

Great now we have to see Ed's O face.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

They had a coached named Jimbo.  Isnt that all we need to know?

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on January 02, 2015, 11:24:38 AM
Of course we have both now spent way too much time discussing a silly response to a silly image.
True enough.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Nice comeback win by Houston just now (vs Pitt).  29 points in the 4th Q, recovered two onside kicks in a row.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 02, 2015, 03:27:26 PM
Nice comeback win by Houston just now (vs Pitt).  29 points in the 4th Q, recovered two onside kicks in a row.

Oh fuck. I was just going through the office talking shit to all the SEC fans about how the ACC was going to get a 500 bowl record (if we include ND in the conference). I should have known to never count on Pitt.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 02, 2015, 03:27:26 PM

I went to go take a nap when I figured it was over.  Shit.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on January 02, 2015, 03:51:38 PM
Oh fuck. I was just going through the office talking shit to all the SEC fans about how the ACC was going to get a 500 bowl record (if we include ND in the conference). I should have known to never count on Pitt.

Barring a huge meltdown by the Vols, the SEC will also have at least a .500 record. I'm not sure "Hey, we're as good as you!" is that great a burn.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?