News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Wow, they just collapsed this quarter.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

What's wrong with them?

I've seen some terrible unis but I don't mind these.  Is it just the shade of green?

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 01, 2015, 08:04:32 PM
Wow, they just collapsed this quarter.

Fuck you, I hope your house collapses on your dumb ass.

The Ducks are kicking their heads in.

EDIT and another turnover.  Though I'm sure timmay thinks the Ducks had nothing to do with that one either:lol:

katmai

As a Pac-12 fan i'm loving this, but as Husky fan tough to root for Quackers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2015, 07:47:09 PM
Don't be a douchebag.  He launched into someone who wasn't looking.  A kicker, no less.  Talk about a punk move.  Not even Lavar Arrington did that to opposing punters.  Why not start launching into puppies.

Whatever. Kickers make tackles all the time. I just saw "Baylor kicker" as the #2 trending topic on twitter and some guy for fox wrote an article saying it was the hit of the year, and maybe 2 years (2014 and 2015).

I don't know what has happened to a lot of you people (cdm, sbr, berkut). Boxing was popular in this country when guys actually got knocked out. Mike Tyson fights against hopeless opponents were major events. Now I've seen several fights stopped before a guy even gets knocked down. People used to set out to knock people out of the game in football. A QB or kicker having to eat out of a straw is unlikley to beat you in the fourth quarter. We should pretend Ronnie Lott never existed I guess.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2015, 08:04:41 PM
What's wrong with them?

I've seen some terrible unis but I don't mind these.  Is it just the shade of green?

I like a lot of the Ducks' alternate unis, but I think the green pants are too much.  Hell, even yellow would've been better.  This just looks like martini olives suited up.  Yikes.  Makes Dan Fouts' eyes water.

alfred russel

I just saw an article that the TPD is reopening its case against Winston as they have located new evidence.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on January 01, 2015, 08:12:51 PM
Whatever. Kickers make tackles all the time. I just saw "Baylor kicker" as the #2 trending topic on twitter and some guy for fox wrote an article saying it was the hit of the year, and maybe 2 years (2014 and 2015).

I don't know what has happened to a lot of you people (cdm, sbr, berkut). Boxing was popular in this country when guys actually got knocked out. Mike Tyson fights against hopeless opponents were major events. Now I've seen several fights stopped before a guy even gets knocked down. People used to set out to knock people out of the game in football. A QB or kicker having to eat out of a straw is unlikley to beat you in the fourth quarter. We should pretend Ronnie Lott never existed I guess.

There's going for the quality, meaty hit and then there's actively trying to send a 5'9" toothpick who isn't even going to catch the guy to the hospital. 

And Ronnie Lott would never have gone after the fucking kicker, you tool.  He would have considered it dishonorable.

sbr

sbr

You know that FSU scout team qb that is faster than Mariota?  Should have played him on defense.

sbr

I bet the committee feels pretty stupid moving FSU ahead of TCU in the last rankings.

It was clear FSU was not a top 4 team this year, made it based on last year which is unfortunate.

sbr

Arizona is a better team than fsu and Arizona lost to Boise state.

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2015, 08:42:36 PM
I bet the committee feels pretty stupid moving FSU ahead of TCU in the last rankings.

It was clear FSU was not a top 4 team this year, made it based on last year which is unfortunate.

They did go undefeated this year.  :hmm:

It seems fairly clear they should have made it. They are an undefeated power 5 conference champ that played an OOC schedule including Oklahoma State and Florida (admittedly not world beaters).

Ohio State played a weak schedule and lost a game. Why would you leave out FSU and put them in?

sbr

Quote from: Rasputin on November 16, 2014, 07:53:24 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on November 16, 2014, 07:25:53 PM
Quote from: sbr on November 16, 2014, 07:18:32 PM
As an Oregon fan I would rather play fsu in semis rather than Alabama

If you look at some of the advanced statistical approaches to ranking teams (looking at play and drive outcomes in addition to raw scores), FSU is not highly rated. Their F/+ rating heading into last week's game was #9. Alabama was #1.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feiplus

Thank god statistical models don't play the game

:)