Started by CountDeMoney, March 31, 2014, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on April 01, 2014, 07:15:43 PM
The big loser is plankton.

Plankton has always been a loser.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Larch on April 01, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

The big loser is, I'd say, Japan's "scientific" reputation. Come on, they've been using the "scientific research" excuse for decades and they've only been able to produce a couple of papers of dubious value as a fig leaf?

To be fair, they produced a lot more papers of practical value, but the court refused to consider cookbook recipes.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Legbiter

Quote from: alfred russel on April 01, 2014, 07:58:24 PM
To be fair, they produced a lot more papers of practical value, but the court refused to consider cookbook recipes.

This one is my go-to whale recipe.

3/4 kg whale meat.
250 g onions.
75 g butter.
2 tbs tomato purée.
200 ml water.
1 1/2 tsp salt.
1/4 tsp paprika.

Melt the butter in a frying pan, slice the onion and brown it. Remove from pan and set aside. Cut the meat into slices, brown in the pan and put in a cooking pot or stew pan with the onions. Boil the water, stir in the tomato purée, salt and paprika and pour over the meat. Cook slowly for 14 to 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender.

Whale's also good when barbecued, just marinate the meat and grill over high heat, 2 minutes each side. Serve with a salad and baked potatoes  :licklips:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ideologue

My favorite Icelandic recipe is "flash-broiled by AGM-84."

The Probe will know its own.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Legbiter

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2014, 06:10:07 PM

You think I use too much onion? Don't knock it till you try it.  :hmm:

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on April 02, 2014, 06:10:07 PM

See, it's this sort of thing that ensures that your political programme is utterly hopeless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

Quote from: Legbiter on April 02, 2014, 10:41:22 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 01, 2014, 07:58:24 PM

This one is my go-to whale recipe.

3/4 kg whale meat.
250 g onions.
75 g butter.
2 tbs tomato purée.
200 ml water.
1 1/2 tsp salt.
1/4 tsp paprika.

Melt the butter in a frying pan, slice the onion and brown it. Remove from pan and set aside. Cut the meat into slices, brown in the pan and put in a cooking pot or stew pan with the onions. Boil the water, stir in the tomato purée, salt and paprika and pour over the meat. Cook slowly for 14 to 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender.

Whale's also good when barbecued, just marinate the meat and grill over high heat, 2 minutes each side. Serve with a salad and baked potatoes  :licklips:

I'd like to try some one day.  Though my bet is the cod fish or tuna will be better. 

Legbiter