News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Harford 1, Japan Nil

Started by CountDeMoney, March 31, 2014, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

I have yet to try any whale meat.  I doubt it is good though.  Everything I've read indicates that it is for the sake of tradition and employment. 

Neil

Hopefully they ignore this unjust decision.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2014, 10:25:45 PM
I'd support Iceland being hit by a CVBG.

I like where this is going!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

I can't help but think that the Japanese government secretly welcomes this decision.  They now have the perfect excuse to stop this embarrassing activity that causes nothing but trouble.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2014, 08:44:38 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2014, 10:25:45 PM
I'd support Iceland being hit by a CVBG.

I like where this is going!

Make it 3 CVBG's. Supported by 2 Ohio class SSGN's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on April 01, 2014, 09:01:15 AM
I can't help but think that the Japanese government secretly welcomes this decision.  They now have the perfect excuse to stop this embarrassing activity that causes nothing but trouble.
Possibly so, it reduces the loss of face for backing down on whaling somewhat whilst still letting them stop subsidising a pointless industry. And saving money is top of the agenda for the current government.

I don't think I've ever eaten it either. I am curious. But I only ever worked one day a week in a primary school so never got the full assortment of disgusting quasi-food people have to eat there,.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2014, 10:42:01 PM
Bjork reminds me of the weird woman at the grocery store that hangs around in the produce section.

Both are targets for CdM's hot-wheels treatment?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Legbiter

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 31, 2014, 10:21:23 PM
Now it's time to take on the Norwegistanis and those weirdo blonde people from that volcanic island.

By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. The cetacean menace never rests.  :mad:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Larch

This decision won't stop Japanese whaling in full, only the operations in the Anctartic Ocean. Japan will still be able to whale in the North Pacific.

CountDeMoney

Larch, always looking at the ocean-is-half-full angle.

The Brain

katmai will still be able to wail in the shower.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2014, 02:47:49 PM

Just putting things in perspective, this is not the death blow to the Japanese whaling industry that is being reported, although it is a small victory against them.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on April 01, 2014, 04:01:55 PM

Just putting things in perspective, this is not the death blow to the Japanese whaling industry that is being reported, although it is a small victory against them.

No, it's not a death blow, but there's going to be a whole lot of Antarctic whales that aren't going to get death blows either.  And that's the point.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2014, 06:18:08 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 01, 2014, 04:01:55 PM

No, it's not a death blow, but there's going to be a whole lot of Antarctic whales that aren't going to get death blows either.  And that's the point.

Oh, they're the big winners, that's for sure.  :)

The big loser is, I'd say, Japan's "scientific" reputation. Come on, they've been using the "scientific research" excuse for decades and they've only been able to produce a couple of papers of dubious value as a fig leaf?

Neil

The big loser is plankton.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.