News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What's your thought on pizza ingredients?

Started by The Larch, March 26, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your LEAST favourite pizza ingredient?

Onion
5 (11.4%)
Mushrooms
4 (9.1%)
Anchovies
19 (43.2%)
Peppers
0 (0%)
Olives
6 (13.6%)
Meat (either in general or a specific kind)
2 (4.5%)
Cheese (either in general or a specific kind)
0 (0%)
Sauce (either in general or a specific kind)
1 (2.3%)
Other
6 (13.6%)
Jaron
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

The Larch

Inspired by the ingredient related threads, here's a place where everybody can vent their frustration at their least favourite ingredients.  :P

I chose pizza as a thematic battleground because it seems that in every group of friends whenever pizza is ordered there is always a fine balance to keep in the group when deciding ingredients, as there are many of them that can make people completely forgo eating at all if they're present.

Personally, my bane are anchovies.  :cthulu:

celedhring

Barrister

You know, I've always stayed away from anchovies on a pizza, but when anchovies are added as a minor ingredient in other things they're delicious.

That being said, I never see anchovies even as an option on pizzas anymore. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

If you dislike cheese/sauce, why would you be eating a pizza?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

When I was a kid, I used to like the pizzas with a huge variety of ingredients.  I wanted them all.

Now I appreciate the simple taste of a Pizza Margarita.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on March 26, 2014, 05:14:59 PM
Pineapple!

That is *so* heretical that I didn't even include it in the poll!  :lol:

garbon

I went with olives. I wouldn't even think of stomaching an anchovy but also as BB said, they rarely exist as options now. Olives are the ones I hate that frequently show up to annoy me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on March 26, 2014, 05:16:33 PM
Pineapple!

It is pretty common out here in the West.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2014, 05:15:41 PM
If you dislike cheese/sauce, why would you be eating a pizza?

That's why I included the "specific kind" caveat. I have a friend who loathes strong cheeses in pizza, like gorgonzola, because their taste overwhelm the rest of the pizza.

As for sauce, I meant a specific one, not the generic tomato base. Stuff like BBQ sauce, or carbonara, or stuff like that.

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2014, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 26, 2014, 05:16:33 PM
Pineapple!

It is pretty common out here in the West.

They're offered here as well, but I also hate them with a passion similar to that of anchovies so my mind must have blocked them as a potential choice.  :P

Valmy

I generally enjoy olives but there is something about them on pizza that has a very jarring taste.  Not a fan at all.

I have never had anchovies on a pizza before but looking at the menu of my favorite pizza joint: http://www.brooklynpie.com/rrmenu.html

it seems they have them.  I will have to try it and see if they deserve the horror Larchie has for them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

PRC

Green olives are better than black olives on a pizza.

Liep

All of those listed can be great on a pizza, anchovies are one of my favourite ingredients on a pizza bianca. So I'm going with the anti-pineapple crowd.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk