What's your thought on pizza ingredients?

Started by The Larch, March 26, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your LEAST favourite pizza ingredient?

Onion
5 (11.4%)
Mushrooms
4 (9.1%)
Anchovies
19 (43.2%)
Peppers
0 (0%)
Olives
6 (13.6%)
Meat (either in general or a specific kind)
2 (4.5%)
Cheese (either in general or a specific kind)
0 (0%)
Sauce (either in general or a specific kind)
1 (2.3%)
Other
6 (13.6%)
Jaron
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

derspiess

Voted anchovies.  I like most usual toppings.  The only ones I don't like are anchovies, olives, fresh tomato and pineapple.  And sausage if it's got too much fennel in it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I like anchovies, but agree they don't work on a pizza unless they're the only topping on it, since they tend to overwhelm everything else.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Pineapple; when baked on a pizza it becomes way too sweet for me.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2014, 06:36:30 PM
I like anchovies, but agree they don't work on a pizza unless they're the only topping on it, since they tend to overwhelm everything else.

I think most veg works with anchovies.

Oh, I want to change my vote to spinach.  What the fuck is that ever doing on a pizza?

PDH

I don't mind most things on a well made pizza with good sauce or oil base and a good crust.  Most any toppings on cardboard like delivery places mostly do always ends up poor.

My favorite pizza ever was a chinese barbeque pork pizza I had at this little hole in the wall in San Francisco.  That was good.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

citizen k

No alfredo sauce, broccoli or spinach.  :yucky:

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 26, 2014, 06:43:43 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 26, 2014, 06:36:30 PM

I think most veg works with anchovies.

Oh, I want to change my vote to spinach.  What the fuck is that ever doing on a pizza?

Great now i want a BBQ chicken, spinach and mushroom pizza.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Pineapple. Pizza shouldn't be sweet. I've seen broccoli too, which seems like a bad combination too.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Don't think I've ever brought myself to try anchovies. Definitely hate olives and pineapple.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I can handle the heresy of green olives over black, I can even deal with anchovies provided they're the good ones, but pineapple...that's not just simply un-American, that's an affront to all of Christendom.

garbon

Wiki suggests that Hawaiian pizza is...Canadian! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

The Larch

Now I really wonder who the hell actually enjoys pineapple on pizza.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Pineapple or novelty sauces <_<

I love anchovies in general and on pizza. But they have to be good anchovies. Unlike everything else on this poll bad anchovies on pizza can ruin the whole thing.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Larch on March 26, 2014, 07:56:54 PM
Now I really wonder who the hell actually enjoys pineapple on pizza.  :lol:

The occasional chick.  There's always one somewhere in your past.