What's your thought on pizza ingredients?

Started by The Larch, March 26, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your LEAST favourite pizza ingredient?

Onion
5 (11.4%)
Mushrooms
4 (9.1%)
Anchovies
19 (43.2%)
Peppers
0 (0%)
Olives
6 (13.6%)
Meat (either in general or a specific kind)
2 (4.5%)
Cheese (either in general or a specific kind)
0 (0%)
Sauce (either in general or a specific kind)
1 (2.3%)
Other
6 (13.6%)
Jaron
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Ed Anger

I think whatever Pizza Hut used on the pizza I ate today could only be loosely called 'toppings'.

Good lord.  :yucky:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2014, 05:21:15 PM
I generally enjoy olives but there is something about them on pizza that has a very jarring taste.  Not a fan at all.

I have never had anchovies on a pizza before but looking at the menu of my favorite pizza joint: http://www.brooklynpie.com/rrmenu.html

it seems they have them.  I will have to try it and see if they deserve the horror Larchie has for them.

I don't like them for starters, but when used for pizza you can't just take them off and eat the rest, because the super salty taste has permeated the entire thing. Try them and tell us afterwards.  ;)

The Larch

Btw Valmy, I'm still trying to decide if this particular pizza from your joint is potentially delicious or really fucking terrible...

QuoteSpanish Harlem

Seasoned chorizo, fresh tomatoes, sweetcorn, jalapeños, cilantro, sharp Vermont cheddar cheese, & fresh cut green onions

I'm leaning on the terrible side for the moment.

Ed Anger

Sounds like Austin douchebag foodie shit to me.

Texas needs to sterilize Austin.

Ed Anger

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on March 26, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Every pizza I have ever had there has been amazing.  If I remember after I have those anchovies I will check it out for you :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 26, 2014, 06:02:47 PM
Sounds like Austin douchebag foodie shit to me.

Texas needs to sterilize Austin.

It is in Round Rock :contract:

Totally different.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 26, 2014, 06:08:05 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 26, 2014, 05:59:44 PM

Every pizza I have ever had there has been amazing.  If I remember after I have those anchovies I will check it out for you :P

Take pictures.  :P

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2014, 05:15:41 PM
If you dislike cheese/sauce, why would you be eating a pizza?
You can eat: white pizza or tomato pie!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Ed Anger

I had a 500 word reasoned, well thought out response typed out.

Valmy

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Probably pineapple. 

Love me some anchovies, on a pizza, in a cesar, or by themselves.