Ebola and other Epidemics, Inadequate Healthcare Threatens Millions

Started by mongers, March 23, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on October 06, 2014, 09:08:40 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2014, 09:00:56 AM

We need a major reduction in numbers anyway.

Nah, we need more people.  More people = higher GDP.  We can squeeze more people onto this planet.  Reclaim more land from the oceans.  Make it so that every city has Hong Kong's level of density.  Dig deeper into the ground.  Taller buildings.  Buildings all over the place.  We need more people. 

Why would you want more competition for resources?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2014, 09:00:56 AM
I will be scared for me, my friends and my family. But I will not fear for the species.

We need a major reduction in numbers anyway.

Yeah, we could use a little housekeeping.

Eddie Teach

BTW, Mono, you're not exactly doing your part if you want more people.  :P

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

SNL clips I saw from this weekend were pretty bad*but I did like the one part where they said "What sort of person travels to both Texas and Africa?" :D

*for a comedienne, Silverman sure was a dud.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2014, 09:27:31 AM
*for a comedienne, Silverman sure was a dud.

Standards and Practices were probably all over that.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2014, 09:27:31 AM*for a comedienne, Silverman sure was a dud.

Most female comedians are not funny.

This is true for most male comedians, too, but given that there are several times more male comedians than there are female ones, but shows try to maintain gender parity, we end up with many more unfunny female comedians in the spotlight.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2014, 09:32:37 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2014, 09:27:31 AM*for a comedienne, Silverman sure was a dud.

Most female comedians are not funny.

This is true for most male comedians, too, but given that there are several times more male comedians than there are female ones, but shows try to maintain gender parity, we end up with many more unfunny female comedians in the spotlight.

:rolleyes:

Most of my favorite comedians are women.

Eddie Teach

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 06, 2014, 08:25:10 AM
Any idea if this has made it's way to China/India?
None, though there's a massive outbreak of Dengue Fever in China apparently.

Ebola spreading to India is more likely I think. Much larger, dirtier slums with less government control.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 06, 2014, 09:36:18 AM
'Cause you're weird.

Thinking about female comedians, I present a quick list below (not necessarily all faves but all funny):

Amy Poehler
Tina Fey
Mindy Kaling
Kristen Wiig
Maya Rudolph
Aisha Tyler
Anjelah Johnson
Those Broad City girls
Issa Rae
Sandra Bernhard

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2014, 09:44:03 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 06, 2014, 09:36:18 AM
'Cause you're weird.

Thinking about female comedians, I present a quick list below (not necessarily all faves but all funny):

Amy Poehler
Tina Fey
Mindy Kaling
Kristen Wiig
Maya Rudolph
Aisha Tyler
Anjelah Johnson
Those Broad City girls
Issa Rae
Sandra Bernhard

Lisa Lampanelli would suck Martinus up into her v**ina, fold him like a paper football, and spit him back out.

Eddie Teach

Fey and Poehler are the funniest in your list and they're upstaged on their own shows.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2014, 09:44:03 AM

Amy Poehler
Tina Fey
Mindy Kaling
Kristen Wiig
Maya Rudolph
Aisha Tyler
Anjelah Johnson
Those Broad City girls
Issa Rae
Sandra Bernhard

Definitely some funny actresses there, but I'd dispute whether some are actually comedians. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall