News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Neil, March 17, 2014, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Never thought I'd see a QB puke three times on the field (once pre-snap and twice after the play) and then turn around and throw a TD pass the next play.  I don't care if it's preseason, that was awesome.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

derspiess

CountDeMoney

At least a Bengals QB was throwing up something other than interceptions for a change, nyuk nyuk

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2014, 08:47:21 AM
At least a Bengals QB was throwing up something other than interceptions for a change, nyuk nyuk

I think Jason Campbell showed Bengaldom last night why the team wants to keep Andy Dalton.

CountDeMoney

I agree, he's their best option as opposed to what was out there in the draft or FA;  he, like the rest of the team, just needs to learn how to close games.  They need to learn how to win.

Unfortunately, I don't think Marvin's the man for the job, but that's the Browns for you; loyal to a fault.  Any other owner would be on their 3rd head coach by now in the time it's taken Marvin Lewis to compile a mediocre career.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2014, 10:25:59 AM
I agree, he's their best option as opposed to what was out there in the draft or FA;  he, like the rest of the team, just needs to learn how to close games.  They need to learn how to win.

They know how to win.  Their problem with not putting teams away is Marvin's tendency to go super conservative when he has a nice lead, which lets the other team back into the game.  In the best of years there are maybe 2 games where they pile up such an insurmountable lead you can relax throughout the 4th quarter.

QuoteUnfortunately, I don't think Marvin's the man for the job, but that's the Browns for you; loyal to a fault.  Any other owner would be on their 3rd head coach by now in the time it's taken Marvin Lewis to compile a mediocre career.

WE LIKE STABILITY HERE

But seriously what I wanted for a while was for Marvin to slide into a GM position and Zimmer to take over as head coach.  That ship has sailed, though.

Valmy

NFL fans love a man who knows how to treat a woman:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/08/ray-rice-supported-by-home-crowd-in-preseason-debut/

QuoteAccording to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun, Rice received a standing ovation when introduced before the game, and numerous reports said fans welcomed him with cheering. Also, Wilson and ESPN's Jamison Hensley observed that boos were not heard as Rice entered the field before Baltimore's 23-3 win vs. San Francisco.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Anyone know if Katmai is back from Vacation? The LFFL is at an uneven number & we probably need to postponed the draft a week or 2.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on August 07, 2014, 10:30:46 PM
Never thought I'd see a QB puke three times on the field (once pre-snap and twice after the play) and then turn around and throw a TD pass the next play.  I don't care if it's preseason, that was awesome.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/08/matt-scott-is-willie-beamen.html

QuoteMATT SCOTT IS WILLIE BEAMEN

The Bengals quarterback puked twice then threw a touchdown pass in Thursday night's preseason game against the Chiefs.

All that remains is releasing a rap track where he boasts of having the ladies creaming then taking Andy Dalton's job. Oh, and Marvin Lewis somehow turns into Al Pacino and Mike Brown becomes Cameron Diaz. That should happen.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 08, 2014, 11:08:28 AM
NFL fans love a man who knows how to treat a woman:

As someone who lives in Texas, I would expect you to appreciate Baltimore's affinity for bunker mentality.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 08, 2014, 11:22:19 AM
Anyone know if Katmai is back from Vacation? The LFFL is at an uneven number & we probably need to postponed the draft a week or 2.

Vacation? I've been working son.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on August 08, 2014, 09:37:00 AM
I think Jason Campbell showed Bengaldom last night why the team wants to keep Andy Dalton.

I think it's an NFL GM's nightmare when they have the talent to go one or two deep in the playoffs and you're faced with a decision to scrap it and start again or cross your fingers and pray for a dynasty.