News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2013 Tax Season

Started by Admiral Yi, February 26, 2014, 04:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 04:03:31 PM
I'd like my headstone to read "Well, he was stupid and drunk most of his life, and the rest was ruined by bad investments. Thank Fuck he's dead".

I called that already :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on April 15, 2014, 02:26:18 PM
Before he found CDs, he used to invest in Betamax. So it's an improvement.

This looks like impressive new technology to me:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Apparently we messed up something quite badly this year. I'm getting five grand back. Shit.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Norgy

I hear good things about this HDDVD stuff. I think I'll plop all my money into that. Like anything called Blu-Ray stands a chance.  :rolleyes:
Blu-Ray is a failed country and western singer. Not a real format. And don't even get me started on those so-called streaming service. Like the Internet can ever replace having a physical HDDVD in your hands. Give me a break! The idea is laughable.  :glare:

Admiral Yi

I let my checking build up until it hits $7K, then peel off five grand and throw it at an investment.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2014, 02:38:55 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 15, 2014, 01:43:16 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 15, 2014, 01:29:23 PM"high yield" savings account

Does that exist?   :P
My Capital One 360 account (formerly ING Direct) yields 0.75%.  Not sure how they manage it, given that there are no significant restrictions on withdrawal that I'm aware of.
I finally closed my former ING savings account last week and transferred funds to checking account. Such low interest is no longer worth remembering another username + that code.

garbon

Yeah the ing direct => capital one 360 is pretty crappy now. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on April 15, 2014, 09:41:41 PM
Taxes Filed!!  :showoff:

Ditto.

And I got back every goddamned penny I put in.  Suck 47% of my dick, bitches.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I don't begrudge you sucking on the teat of the Republic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I would like some of those sweet food stamps however.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2014, 10:18:47 PM
I don't begrudge you sucking on the teat of the Republic.

Considering I saw a drop of over $70,000 in total income while still managing to maintain a mortgage and pay outrageous COBRA premiums for a full year, I think I deserved it.

Ed Anger

Yes you did. Spicy didn't think you did however. Spicy is a bad, bad man.

CountDeMoney

I took the tax dollars I stole from him and gave it to Planned Parenthood.  Abortions on me, ladies!