World consolidation into a few Mega States?

Started by Siege, February 12, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 12, 2014, 11:02:17 PM
The whole concept of "NSFW" kind of presupposes that a non-negligible amount of people will be at least occasionally looking at a given website during the workday...

Not me, i actually work when working unlike you slack asses.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 12, 2014, 11:39:46 PM
What is this 'work'?

It's like when you have to do something you don't want to do but get paid for it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on February 12, 2014, 11:38:16 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 12, 2014, 11:02:17 PM
The whole concept of "NSFW" kind of presupposes that a non-negligible amount of people will be at least occasionally looking at a given website during the workday...

Not me, i actually work when working unlike you slack asses.

Yeah, I don't come up for air until I get in the truck to drive home. Sure beats what I was doing before August though.
and the horse you rode in on

dps

Quote from: fhdz on February 12, 2014, 10:57:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 10:55:57 PM
Quote from: fhdz on February 12, 2014, 10:53:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 10:38:46 PM
Fhdz <_<

If you have time for Languish at work, you're doing it wrong.

Actually I think you are very confused on that point. ;)

:D Fine. If you have time for Languish at work, then *I'm* doing it wrong. :D

Actually, it's more like, "If you have time for Languish at work, then your boss is doing it wrong".  Of course, if you're self-employed, that doesn't apply, but give it time.  With a work ethic like that, you will be working for someone else soon enough.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 11:45:57 PM
What is this 'work'?

It's like when you have to do something you don't want to do but get paid for it.
for you maybe. I like my jobs.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

I like my job too, but luckily taking breaks every so often is perfectly acceptable.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on February 13, 2014, 02:01:57 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 11:45:57 PM
What is this 'work'?

for you maybe. I like my jobs.

I don't dislike it but there's a lot I have to do that I don't want to. Like dealing with unnecessary bullshit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2014, 02:11:02 AM
I don't dislike it but there's a lot I have to do that I don't want to. Like dealing with unnecessary bullshit.

It'll be interesting to see  when you're in a position to affect it - will you expend political capital to minimise the bullshit affecting people below you; or will you pass it down the line feeling good because if you did your time, they can do theirs.

Scipio

On the plus side, we will all be Comcast customers soon.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tonitrus

Quote from: Scipio on February 13, 2014, 12:07:20 PM
On the plus side, we will all be Comcast customers soon.

And all restaurants will be Taco Bell.  :(

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on February 13, 2014, 12:06:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 13, 2014, 02:11:02 AM

It'll be interesting to see  when you're in a position to affect it - will you expend political capital to minimise the bullshit affecting people below you; or will you pass it down the line feeling good because if you did your time, they can do theirs.

Well, I do try to minimize the bullshit for those working under my direction now. Unfortunately though, they don't report directly to me, so I can only do so much.

That said, I already don't have time for people who complain they are too busy and that it is extreme to ask them to sometimes work more than 40 hours a week. I do want to say - bucko, you don't even know what busy is.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sahib

Quote from: Siege on February 12, 2014, 08:28:28 PM
Why didn't the big countries assimilate the small countries?
Why are there all these small countries without armies that survived through history?

I mean, I understand the current world order, that if you invade a country you get isolated and probably invaded (Iraq in Kuwait, Serbia in Bosnia).
But why didn't all the big states assimilate the little ones long before the 20th century?
It would have been the natural course of history after the creation of the nation-states.

They did. Look at the map of the world in 1914. As for the micro-states, nobody took them seriously as countries.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.