News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Birth of the American City-state

Started by Siege, February 17, 2014, 12:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Siege is doing better at his trolls than average this past week or so.  this is the second thread in which he has posted some absurd position held by an on-line nitwit, and then basically walked away to watch the board squabbling as members agreed with one another.

Well-done, Siege!  i always said that your "I'm just a big dummy" shtick was just a shtick.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on February 18, 2014, 05:07:44 PM
Siege is doing better at his trolls than average this past week or so.  this is the second thread in which he has posted some absurd position held by an on-line nitwit, and then basically walked away to watch the board squabbling as members agreed with one another.

Well-done, Siege!  i always said that your "I'm just a big dummy" shtick was just a shtick.

It's nice if Siege's trolling can move on to something the board is actually vaguely interested in responding to.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 18, 2014, 03:52:55 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2014, 05:49:37 PM
God, that sounds wonderful.
Sorry, no Frenchified Normandy chateau owners allowed.  :contract:
By 'Frenchified', do you mean that he's gone native in France, or that he has syphilis?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2014, 07:51:30 PM
I think it would make more sense just to have one centrally-run dictatorship.

I'm fine with it as long as I am the dictator.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

What? I didn't walk away from this.
I think city-states are a valid idea.
It just comes down to adding more States to the Union by dividing existing States.

And I am indeed a big dummy.
Everybody knows that.
My intelligence level is below average, as proven by my posting record and inability to hijack Timmay's and Monkeybutt's threads.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Monkeybutt no longer exists, but anyone can hijack Tim's threads. I'm sure you've done it before.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I started running out of ohio material.  :blush:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Siege on February 18, 2014, 08:01:55 PM

My intelligence level is below average, as proven by my posting record and inability to hijack Timmay's and Monkeybutt's threads.

I don't know. That post you made a few days ago about a jewish plot against the white man by introducing the concept of diversity was brilliant (albeit insane).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2014, 09:43:14 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on February 18, 2014, 09:33:06 AM
Isn't Southern California (I'm thinking Los Angeles here) famous for diverting water away from rural counties that actually need it? Disappearing rivers and lakes and all that?

It's more like southern California steals northern California's water. 

It's not really a rural/urban thing: agricultural water usage is famously subsidized in California.

Hell, it was the plot for Chinatown.

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on February 18, 2014, 10:29:58 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 18, 2014, 10:19:10 AM
I never said the British system was best.

What is the best system I wonder?
Germany maybe.
The Netherlands are a contender but  they overdo it a bit (albeit not by choice) and their trains aren't as good.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

I agree, the threads generating the gif responses have been wonderful