How Japan’s ‘BBC’ is rewriting its role in the Second World War

Started by jimmy olsen, February 09, 2014, 12:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 12, 2014, 09:47:01 PM

I wasn't keen on the style but I will give it a couple more episodes. We've all our own fandoms and I've been rewatching Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes, so only 36 hours to go :blush:

Episode 2 is probably the weakest link in the series.  Don't give up at that point  :ph34r:

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on February 12, 2014, 08:53:25 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 12, 2014, 08:44:55 PM

That pic looks like the Madoka girl. /shrug

It is hard to find a Madoka pic without spoilers.  Here is Tomoe Mami from the same show.  I hope this one shows the Puni Plush style better. 

Honestly looks really similar.  Same eyes, tiny nose and mouth...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Ayanami Rei, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Haruhi Susumiya

Title character, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Monoriu

Compare Clamp's noodle people style in Code Geass

with Ume Aoki's Puni Plush style in Madoka Magica

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Quote from: PDH on February 12, 2014, 11:15:21 PM
Goddamn.  Anime gays up any thread, doesn't it?

My hidden agenda is to use anime as an excuse to bump this thread and remind people of Japan's revisionist antics  :menace:

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on February 12, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

My hidden agenda is to use anime as an excuse to bump this thread and remind people of Japan's revisionist antics  :menace:

All I see and can't get over is the perving on children angle.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 11:45:07 PM

Which is surprising.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

They're still the lesser of two evils.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on February 12, 2014, 11:49:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 12, 2014, 11:45:07 PM

Which is surprising.

Apart from Grallon, I don't actually know any gay people who perv on children.

edit: Well I knew one once who was a teacher at my school but then on the balance we had more straight males who perved on kids. One even married a former student when she was old enough.