Comcast to acquire Time Warner Cable in $45.2 billion deal

Started by garbon, February 12, 2014, 11:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

BTW, I had an unopened Star Wars Monopoly game set. During my last deployment the kids opened it to play. <_<

Oh well, I still have a Star Wars Monopoly game set.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on February 13, 2014, 05:59:00 AM
Thank Hod Charter lost out.  One of their main call centers is in the office building next to mine, and there are already enough scummy dudes stinking the parking lot up with their smoking and taking up all the parking places with their floppy jalopies. :sleep:

How does that privilege taste, man?  It must be like ten of the best gas station chili dogs you've ever had, all at once.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

When we were kids, we made our own Monopoly board with streets in our own town on there. Our house and our garage were Mediterranean and Baltic.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on February 13, 2014, 08:16:30 PM
Quote from: Caliga on February 13, 2014, 05:59:00 AM
Thank Hod Charter lost out.  One of their main call centers is in the office building next to mine, and there are already enough scummy dudes stinking the parking lot up with their smoking and taking up all the parking places with their floppy jalopies. :sleep:

How does that privilege taste, man?  It must be like ten of the best gas station chili dogs you've ever had, all at once.
Anyone can gain social status by being a non-smoker.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 13, 2014, 07:05:37 PM
BTW, I had an unopened Star Wars Monopoly game set. During my last deployment the kids opened it to play. <_<

Oh well, I still have a Star Wars Monopoly game set.

Don't buy Death Star properties. I have a inside tip that you'll lose your investment.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 13, 2014, 09:48:21 AM
Quote from: Berkut on February 13, 2014, 09:37:57 AM
How does the #1 cable company buying the #2 cable company NOT run afoul of anti-monopoly laws?

All cable companies are regional monopolies.  That's why their rates and services are regulated and subject to approval.

See guys? Everything is OK.
and the horse you rode in on