And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2014, 01:36:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2014, 01:35:43 PM
People don't bother playing (much) defense until the last 5 minutes of a game because it is physically draining and the goals don't matter anyway.

Surely you're not talking about college hoops.

My impressions are mainly built on NBA games, though I doubt there's a whole lotta difference.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2014, 01:43:12 PM
My impressions are mainly built on NBA games, though I doubt there's a whole lotta difference.

TOTALLY INCORRECT

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2014, 01:43:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2014, 01:36:43 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2014, 01:35:43 PM
People don't bother playing (much) defense until the last 5 minutes of a game because it is physically draining and the goals don't matter anyway.

Surely you're not talking about college hoops.

You should watch a college game before you make assumptions like that.

Also, the NBA game changes completely in the playoffs because then the effort is worth it.  It would be physcially impossible to play the long NBA season and play defence on every possession.  The college season has far fewer games and there are very few games that dont matter because of the way the teams are seeded in the Tournament.

Eddie Teach

Dude, I've seen college games before.  :lol:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2014, 01:47:44 PM
Dude, I've seen college games before.  :lol:

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Now you're just a dumbass.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

I'm not the one who's so oblivious that I didn't notice the teams played with more intensity late in the second half than early in the first.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 12:13:45 PM
Thing is the Russians outshot and outplayed the Finns.  The Finns however had a much better starting goalie.  Three goals on 15 shots isnt going to cut it.  I forget the name of the Russian starter but if I was him I would get out of the country asap.

Once again, Finland beats the shit out of Russia on ice due to Russian incompetence.

alfred russel

BB, you still thinking that the Latvia matchup sucks because Canada needs to play top competition?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on February 19, 2014, 01:53:25 PM
BB, you still thinking that the Latvia matchup sucks because Canada needs to play top competition?

:huh:

The shots on goal are something like 45-11.  Playing a defensive shell isnt top notch competition.

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on February 19, 2014, 01:53:25 PM

I dunno - can't watch the game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 19, 2014, 01:52:31 PM
I'm not the one who's so oblivious that I didn't notice the teams played with more intensity late in the second half than early in the first.

Dumbass

crazy canuck

Puck was going over the line, but the Latvian defensman pulled it away with his glove - should have been a penalty shot but the ref missed it and cant be reviewed on replay.