Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 03:09:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2014, 03:08:41 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 02:48:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2014, 02:46:22 PM
Did anyone watch the US-Czech game?

How did Pavelec look in goal for the Czechs?  I understand he was pulled?

I heard he looked like a Jet

Perhaps not for long?

For your sake, I hope that is true.

I had been hoping that he'd put on a strong performance and someone would want to trade for him after the Olympics.

But the second option might be more realistic - the Jets haven't used either of their post-lockout buyouts...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

On Canadian temperature perception:

We have an attractive 20-something consultant from Toronto in the office. It was a 9°C day today and she was wearing a short thin dress. I told her that she was rather dressed for spring. She said that it's pretty much spring weather for her, and that she regretted wearing her jacket this morning.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on February 19, 2014, 03:14:33 PM

We have an attractive 20-something consultant from Toronto in the office. It was a 9°C day today and she was wearing a short thin dress. I told her that she was rather dressed for spring. She said that it's pretty much spring weather for her, and that she regretted wearing her jacket this morning.

Heh, around here is has been something like -15 for the last couple of months, so yeah 9 is like spring.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on February 19, 2014, 03:14:33 PM

Sounds about right

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2014, 12:36:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 12:29:29 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 19, 2014, 12:25:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 19, 2014, 12:19:31 PM
No matter what you think of Russia or Russian hockey players, nobody wants to see them defeated in the quarter-finals.

I did.  :)

I dont understand that.  Even Selanne said he was happy for the win by felt bad it had to come at the expense of the Russian players because he understood how much it meant to them to get to the meddle round.

For me, it's not that I feel bad for the Russian players - it's just that it would have been even more tears to see them defeated in the finals. :menace:
yes a second loss to USA would have been sweeter.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Once is enough, the Russians don't get any medals that way, and Finns have their own axe to grind anyway.  Today is the 74th anniversary of one of the days in the Winter War.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on February 19, 2014, 04:57:41 PM
Once is enough, the Russians don't get any medals that way, and Finns have their own axe to grind anyway.  Today is the 74th anniversary of one of the days in the Winter War.

:lol:

How awesome would it be if a Finnish player said that?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

The game did resemble some of the early battles of the Winter War.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Not just that, but it is the 74th anniversary of Olli Huttunen, who was on the team that placed second in the 1936 Olympic biathlon.  I'm sure they won this one for Olli.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

CNN showed some video of a Russian copper whipping Pussy Riot in Sochi.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

Uh... is this one of your Yiisms, or did they literally get whipped?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

For the CdM fetish crowd...

Admiral Yi

Whacked with a belt looking thing.

Interesting collage Tonto.  :hmm:

Tonitrus