News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on February 19, 2014, 01:36:57 PM
The problem with basketball is that it is a game designed to encourage mutants.  :P

Yeah, particularly at the NBA level.  I had been to a ton of college basketball games before I went to my first NBA game.  Holy crap, all the guys on the court were freaks of nature.  I like NBA games in person because of the sheer human spectacle.  On TV they don't do so much for me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Man the Latvian goalie is completely exhausted.  We are now up to something like 55 shots.  Still tied.

edit: We score!

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 19, 2014, 01:33:08 PM
If basketball has no defense Gay, you should be able to score 100% of the time in a one on one game with crazy canuck.  :ph34r:

I wouldnt be able to score 100% of the time against just a net.

It still has no defense.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

You know watching this hockey game & comparing it to a regular NHL game. I think CCs problem is that he doesn't understand the need to send messages to your opposition.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2014, 02:14:27 PM
If basketball has no defense Gay, you should be able to score 100% of the time in a one on one game with crazy canuck.  :ph34r:

It still has no defense.

How many points do you think you would score going one on one against me?  No offense but my bet is I stop every shot  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2014, 02:18:13 PM
You know watching this hockey game & comparing it to a regular NHL game. I think CCs problem is that he doesn't understand the need to send messages to your opposition.

No, its that kind of bullshit reasoning that drives me crazy.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 02:18:30 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2014, 02:14:27 PM

It still has no defense.

How many points do you think you would score going one on one against me?  No offense but my bet is I stop every shot  :P

Nah. I am not going to get close to hitting the net on over 70% of my shots. You won't need to block all the time.  :lol:

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 02:19:09 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2014, 02:18:13 PM

No, its that kind of bullshit reasoning that drives me crazy.

This is the craziest thing I've heard since Josephus said that playoffs are a dumb idea.

Jacob

Yeah, way too close.

Well played Latvia.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 02:26:14 PM
That was way too close.

Hot goalie + giant ice. It produces that kind of results.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 19, 2014, 02:31:20 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 19, 2014, 02:26:14 PM
That was way too close.

Hot goalie + giant ice. It produces that kind of results.

I heard the commentators talk about the poor quality of the ice as well.