And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

The judges for this super pipe are ridiculous, the chinese riders are rated way too high. The Swiss have been robbed so far.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Shaun White went too high in his first run. 15 year old Japanese kid rules.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

I like watching a combination of the CBC and NBC broadcasts.  With the CBC I get to see all the competitors then whe NBC rolls around with its edited version I get to see some good athlete profiles.  I was a bit surprised that NBC would spend so much time on Canadian athletes but they had some very nice pieces.  Better than the CBC I would say.  Its almost like the CBC doesnt want to sound too partisan.

Shame about Shaun White.  I would have liked to see him go out on top.

Grey Fox

Yeah, I guess this is a staple of Canadian olympic watching.

Watch CBC/SRC until you are fed up with competition & then switch to NBC for some in depth & interesting profiles.

Maximus

I dunno, getting pretty tired of watching only what NBC decides I get to see.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Maximus on February 11, 2014, 09:32:42 PM

VPNs are awesomes.

DGuller

That's what I thought as well, hence why I was looking for online streaming.  After watching online streams of the full events, though, I realized that they're utterly boring.

crazy canuck

If I was restricted to only NBC I would feel the same way.  But I can watch live feeds on a number of dedicated CBC feed channels - if there is an event I can watch the live feed -  and then I can watch the CBC main Olympic channel. 

Grey Fox

I'm ready for Men's hockey to start. Little bored with all this ski.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 11, 2014, 10:11:54 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2014, 10:08:55 PM
Little bored with all this ski.

You shall be purged.

No, I don't think Skiing will survive the proletariat revolution.

alfred russel

Our snowboarders have disgraced our country on the half pipe.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014