News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you get a variable bonus in your job?

Started by Zanza, February 06, 2014, 03:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you get a variable bonus in your job?

Yes, based on personal performance (e.g. targets achieved, hours billed etc.)
5 (12.8%)
Yes, based on company performance (e.g. based on earnings etc.)
5 (12.8%)
Yes, based on both personal and company performance
8 (20.5%)
No, just a fixed renumeration
15 (38.5%)
I don't even have a job
6 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Jacob

Do you find the presence (and structure) of your bonus plan having actual impact on your day to day work or overall performance?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on February 06, 2014, 04:34:02 PM
Do you find the presence (and structure) of your bonus plan having actual impact on your day to day work or overall performance?

No. However, it does I think contribute to people cheerleading for the company to do well. Probably the biggest effect is on employee retention--we lose our bonuses if we leave before year end, and they tend to be a significant portion of our salary.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

:hmm: My answer would depend on whether my employer is reading this thread.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on February 06, 2014, 05:05:32 PM
:hmm: My answer would depend on whether my employer is reading this thread.

When I get a small bonus, I feel sad and demoralized. I try to work really hard, but it is hard to see my computer through the tears. When I get a big bonus, I am excited and energized. I come in to work weekends and stay late because I love to work in such a rewarding workplace.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

dps

I voted that I get a bonus based on the performance of the company, but technically it's based on neither personal performance nor company performance, but rather on the performance of the particular unit of the company I work for. 

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

celedhring

Since a huge chunk of my pay comes from it, certainly.

It also makes me extremely stressed, as it doesn't depend fully on my performance, so I can work my ass off and still get nada.

Josquius

Boa niss oo?
This word is alien to me. I'd be happy with regular employment
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

:lol:

No.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not a salesman. Nothing I do will impact current earnings.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I get somewhere between 20% and 35% (the latter is what I got last year, about 25% of it in cash and the rest in deferred comp).

It only affects my performance in the sense that it keeps me from quitting sometimes. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

Not at all.

The personal performance bonus doesn't seem to depend too much on your actual target achievement as long as you roughly achieve what was asked from you.

The company performance bonus is something I have zero influence on anyway and can just wait and see how much I get.