News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do you get a variable bonus in your job?

Started by Zanza, February 06, 2014, 03:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you get a variable bonus in your job?

Yes, based on personal performance (e.g. targets achieved, hours billed etc.)
5 (12.8%)
Yes, based on company performance (e.g. based on earnings etc.)
5 (12.8%)
Yes, based on both personal and company performance
8 (20.5%)
No, just a fixed renumeration
15 (38.5%)
I don't even have a job
6 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Syt

Fixed remuneration of 14 salaries a year (Austrian standard).

(Our boss pays us a voluntary Xmas extra, but it's small potatoes, about a 1/4 salary, which gets fully taxed as opposed to the regular 13th/14th salary.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

I get a bonus based supposedly on my personal performance. However, there are guidelines how much they want to pay across divisions, that does typically not reflect your true performance but often seniority etc. That's a percentage of my fixed salary. Additionally, I get a bonus based on how well the company is doing which is based on return on sales. That's a fixed sum.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Monoriu

Iormlund

I don't even have a job.

And I didn't back when I had one. We were lucky to get overtime.

celedhring

Currently, most of my pay is determined by the production status of the projects I work in. As in, the further along it gets to actually being produced, the more payments get cleared. And then there's usually another variable depending on the final budget and in some cases even some backend (I have never seen a dime from that though, yay movie/tv accounting). Dunno if that's "personal" or "company" performance. Suppose the latter.

There's also the royalties, but it's not "pay" I suppose.

Sophie Scholl

Yes.  One of my jobs at least pays extra for personal performance.  Working in bars does that. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

Yes, based on both personal and company performance.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maladict

Yes, both. But they're both in pretty modest ranges.

The Larch

Last contract I got, preparing a public tender for a company, had a bonus attached in case the tender was won, so I guess that was a company performance thing.

DGuller

Yes, it's based on personal performance, unit's performance, I would assume company's performance, and it obviously averages to a higher percentages the higher up you are.

Grey Fox

Yes, in theory it's based on both performance & company results but in the ends, it's just some number between 1 and 4.5% of your based salary.

2% across all employees, this year.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I get no bonuses now.  Previously, I only got "performance sharing", which as a percentage bonus based on business metrics.

celedhring

Just ran the numbers and on my last project the maximum amount of boni I could accrue would amount to 60% of my pay.