News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What is YOUR favorite Quentin Tarantino film?

Started by Ideologue, February 02, 2014, 03:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you illiterate?  Then repeating the question won't help you in a written medium

Reservoir Dogs
5 (8.9%)
Pulp Fiction
29 (51.8%)
Kill Bill Vol. 1
4 (7.1%)
Kill Bill Vol. 2
0 (0%)
Kill Bill (considered as a single cinematic unit)
1 (1.8%)
Death Proof
1 (1.8%)
Inglourious Basterds
5 (8.9%)
Django Unchained
3 (5.4%)
Four Rooms (the entire film may be considered)
0 (0%)
Other (i.e., I failed to understand the question, but I want to vote for True Romance, Natural Born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn anyway)
0 (0%)
I don't even remember what part of Sin City QT did, but vote for it here if you're just compelled
0 (0%)
Kill Jaron, Vol. 3
4 (7.1%)
Jackie Brown
4 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2014, 12:56:04 PM
Everybody went ga-ga over the structure and dialogue of Pulp Fiction.  It's the extent to which they did so that's always been baffling; ultimately, it's a great film that became as influential as it did for reasons I don't fully understand.

For the same reason your simple-minded text monkey, Adderal-withdrawal generation doesn't get Nirvana's Nevermind;  you weren't there.

It's like bitching about Casablanca being full of quotable cliches;  they weren't fucking quotable cliches at the time.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2014, 02:35:06 PM
I watched it in like '96.

Pulp Fiction was from his mother's womb untimely watch'd.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

I choose the Dogs but I have not seen all his movies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tonitrus

Voted the Jaron option.  I haven't seen most (actually, probably none) of Tarantino's films, nor do they interest me. :sleep:

garbon

I went with KB vol 1. Pulp fiction was great but featuring travolta is a big negative. :(

I've owned RD for several years but have had no desire to watch it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Pulp Fiction.  One of the very few movies I have seen twice in the theater.

RD was good, but as someone said, it is pretty clearly a learning experience for Tarantino, and so doesn't always get things quite right.  IB tried much, much too hard.  it doesn't even rate "good" on my scale, in spite of its having its moments.  JB was good, but not great.  Not so clunky as IB, so better overall.

Kill Bill 1 was probably my second-favorite.  Tarantino hit once again upon the ideal mix of humor, suspense and surrealism.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on February 02, 2014, 11:44:09 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2014, 04:06:40 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2014, 04:00:24 AM
Fuck, I forgot to include Jackie Brown.  Can I edit that in, or not, or what?

Edited in for you by your overlairds.

Can you correct Tim's spelling of Inglourious Basterds, too?

You got it!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

:yes:
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 02, 2014, 02:32:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 02, 2014, 12:56:04 PM
Everybody went ga-ga over the structure and dialogue of Pulp Fiction.  It's the extent to which they did so that's always been baffling; ultimately, it's a great film that became as influential as it did for reasons I don't fully understand.

For the same reason your simple-minded text monkey, Adderal-withdrawal generation doesn't get Nirvana's Nevermind;  you weren't there.

It's like bitching about Casablanca being full of quotable cliches;  they weren't fucking quotable cliches at the time.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Actually, Nirvana is a good example.  I owned that album.

I really, really wish I were as young as you think I am, man.

If Pulp Fiction's relatively simple structural tricks and the voice of the author coming through like a loudspeaker in every character's dialogue really did blow your mind, maybe it says more about your mind.*

*DIRECTED SOLELY AT CDM.  I'm mainly joking, especially about the structure, which probably has a point (Jules' redemption, Vincent's fall).  But seriously, people who treat it like the Watchmen of film are taking it a little far.
Kinemalogue