News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 Election Megathread

Started by jimmy olsen, January 26, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Butch Otter wins in Idaho.  What a name.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on November 04, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
Medical Marijuana failed in Florida.
They got 57%, why did they need 60%?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:26:28 AM

The man did lines of coke off Linda Ronstadt's body.  What have you done?

That's pretty impressive, really.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 05, 2014, 12:39:37 AM
Quote from: sbr on November 04, 2014, 11:47:40 PM
Medical Marijuana failed in Florida.
They got 57%, why did they need 60%?

I was just going off of what was called by pollsters, never saw the numbers.

CountDeMoney

Here's an exit poll quote for ya, derspeiss.   :lol:

QuoteGun regulations were at the top of the list for David Walton, a 69-year-old who lives in Dundalk and threatened to leave the state if gun owners were not given more rights.

"I am planning my escape route," Walton said. "As long as they've got a state here hell-bent on disobeying the Constitution, I'm not going to stick around to try and repair it. I'm moving to Tennessee, where there are low taxes and it's firearm-friendly."

MAH RIGHTS

derspiess

CNN's coverage is worst so far.  Between Van Williams's bizarre theories on what Republican voters support and the incoherent rants of that scary latina woman, it gets the WTF Award.  And Candy Crowley looks like she needs some carryout delivered ASAP.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Umm why are the guys on Fox News wearing cowboy hats and handkerchiefs?

CountDeMoney

Ugh, CNN.  I'd rather listen to Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf plod through election results.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 05, 2014, 12:52:02 AM
Umm why are the guys on Fox News wearing cowboy hats and handkerchiefs?

Probably celebrating the defeat of that Texas whore you hate so much.  Whoo, doggies.

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile on Esquire HD, back-to-back broadcasts of the 1985 Red Dawn.   :lol:

derspiess

I used to work with a guy who looked exactly like Bret Baier.  And he sounded like Garrison Keillor. 

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:55:05 AM

Don't try to distract me :angry:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 05, 2014, 12:55:05 AM

You know, I never got why they melted down after the execution scene.  Sure, it's cold and they're tired of fighting, but they were being served on a platter to the Cossacks by one of their own.

But I suppose when Powers Boothe is written out of the script, shit just goes downhill for you.

derspiess

No shit.  I'd totally go Robert and execute the rat.  But Powers Boothe was the glue that held them together.

Syt

He would have survived if he'd had his awesome bullet proof mustache.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.