Arizona GOP censures McCain for 'liberal' record

Started by garbon, January 26, 2014, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2014, 07:31:50 PM
The feedback loop.  If I call you a dickhead, and you cry like a baby, I shouldn't do it any more.  If I persist, after you've made it clear that you're not enjoying the intended joke, then I'm being a pointlessly rude fuck.

So, being a pointlessly rude fuck requires that dsb object to my statement, and then I repeat it?

Why on earth would you call me a pointlessly rude fuck, then?  Your own conditions are not met.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on January 27, 2014, 07:35:11 PM
has dsb cried like a baby?

Virtually every poster on Languish has, at some point or another, objected to grumbler's posting style.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2014, 07:39:59 PMVirtually every poster on Languish has, at some point or another, objected to grumbler's posting style.

but has dsb?  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on January 27, 2014, 07:41:21 PM

Not relevant.  The question being discussed is whether grumbler is a pointlessly rude fuck, not whether that particular post was a demonstration of pointlessly rude fuckedness.

garbon

Quote from: LaCroix on January 27, 2014, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2014, 07:39:59 PMVirtually every poster on Languish has, at some point or another, objected to grumbler's posting style.

How is this:

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2009, 11:59:18 AM
DG, just give it up. The ad hom is to Berk what the strawman is to grumbler; it's a catchall, and if you wait long enough, your words will be twisted for the sake of the complaint.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2014, 07:44:03 PMNot relevant.  The question being discussed is whether grumbler is a pointlessly rude fuck, not whether that particular post was a demonstration of pointlessly rude fuckedness.

but your original post that started this conversation implied that you were calling grumbler a pointlessly rude fuck for his comment toward dsb

Quote from: Admiral Yiand being a pointlessly rude fuck.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on January 27, 2014, 07:44:52 PMHow is this:

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2009, 11:59:18 AM
DG, just give it up. The ad hom is to Berk what the strawman is to grumbler; it's a catchall, and if you wait long enough, your words will be twisted for the sake of the complaint.

depends on the definition of crying  :hmm:

edit: actually, that's already been defined as "objected to posting style"!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2014, 07:39:59 PM
Virtually every poster on Languish has, at some point or another, objected to grumbler's posting style.

Virtually every poster on Languish has, at some point or another, objected to your posting style.  Do you concede to being a pointlessly rude fuck, by your standards?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

You are drawing a judgement from Yi's use of "pointlessly rude fuck" that he might not have intended.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Capetan Mihali

I humbly withdraw my assertions.  :sleep:  Unpleasantness for its own sake, it must be admitted, is neither necessarily pointless nor does it confine itself to the logical strictures of ad hominem argument.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

LaCroix

Quote from: PDH on January 27, 2014, 07:48:29 PMYou are drawing a judgement from Yi's use of "pointlessly rude fuck" that he might not have intended.

hey, hey, i only said it implied!

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on January 27, 2014, 07:48:29 PM
You are drawing a judgement from Yi's use of "pointlessly rude fuck" that he might not have intended.

So, you are saying that his rude use of the word "fuck" may have, in fact, been pointless?  :P

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on January 27, 2014, 07:46:36 PM
but your original post that started this conversation implied that you were calling grumbler a pointlessly rude fuck for his comment toward dsb

Point taken.  I would expect that, over the course of 10 years, Bananarama has at least once objected to grumbler's posting style.

Razgovory

Be careful guys, if you keep this up Grumbler may punish you be ceasing to post rude comments directed at you altogether.  It happened to me, it could happen to you. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Oh no.  I am with George Carlin on this one.  The use of "fuck" can never be pointless or rude.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM