Arizona GOP censures McCain for 'liberal' record

Started by garbon, January 26, 2014, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 26, 2014, 11:13:32 AM
Seriously.  If administrators can be subject to mandatory retirement, why not legislators?  Neither seems particularly physically demanding, and both show similar degrees of required cogency.

Same reason that term limits don't fly.  Unconstitutional.

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 26, 2014, 01:50:58 PM
There would need to be competing agendas. "Moderate" Republicans agree with the party the majority of the time and don't always agree with each other.

Moderate rapublicans make me poke.

Those are demoncrats afraid to show theyre truth colours.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Siege on January 26, 2014, 05:01:36 PM
There would need to be competing agendas. "Moderate" Republicans agree with the party the majority of the time and don't always agree with each other.

I show my true colors everyday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 26, 2014, 11:13:32 AM
Seriously.  If administrators can be subject to mandatory retirement, why not legislators?  Neither seems particularly physically demanding, and both show similar degrees of required cogency.

Same reason that term limits don't fly.  Unconstitutional.

If it's good for the goose it's good for the president?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Who are you going to poke?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

What are the truth colours of a demoncrat?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2014, 03:05:26 PM
Doesn't the constitution set an age restriction on one bound?

Yes, and it would require an amendment to the Constitution to establish a bound at the other, IMO.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Usually I don't agree with Siege, but he's basically right; moderate Republicans, such as there are, are basically moderate Democrats.  And I sure as fuck don't want them in my party, either. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Moderate Republicans are what mainstream Republicans were 10 years ago.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 06:20:34 PM
Usually I don't agree with Siege, but he's basically right; moderate Republicans, such as there are, are basically moderate Democrats.  And I sure as fuck don't want them in my party, either. <_<

It's not really *your* party.

Ideologue

Yeah, well, Eugene V. Debs never got enough votes, so I take what I can get.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 06:34:43 PM
Yeah, well, Eugene V. Debs never got enough votes,

Maybe you should reflect on that when contemplating rejecting voters from the Democrats.  :P

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 26, 2014, 06:59:15 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2014, 06:34:43 PM
Yeah, well, Eugene V. Debs never got enough votes,

Maybe you should reflect on that when contemplating rejecting voters from the Democrats.  :P

That's certainly what the Democrats think when they dispute having anything to do with Ide.  He's a one-man "Democratic" party, distinct from the Democratic Party that actually does shit instead of just talking.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Well yes that is an issue. I'd hope they would do more than shit. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.