Arizona GOP censures McCain for 'liberal' record

Started by garbon, January 26, 2014, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Btw, while Ide claims to agree with Siege, I expect he has a slightly different take on what those voters' truth colours are.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

In the past few weeks, I've learned that several of my friends are closet Republicans. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: alfred russel on January 26, 2014, 11:11:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2014, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 26, 2014, 11:00:53 AM
Don't judge Arizona too harshly. It is hard to be rational with all that sun and all those old people.

Then explain the crazies primarying people in other parts of the country.  The GOP at the grass roots level is off the fucking rails these days.

Political parties with insane people will always eat their own.  Look at the Democrats in '68 and '72.

In this case I think they are barking up the right tree for the wrong reasons. We really should stop electing 80 year olds to the Senate.

used to be that you'd had to be nearly geriatric before you were allowed into the senate....
o tempora, o mores :p

garbon

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 27, 2014, 10:17:28 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 26, 2014, 11:11:31 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2014, 11:04:09 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on January 26, 2014, 11:00:53 AM
Don't judge Arizona too harshly. It is hard to be rational with all that sun and all those old people.

Then explain the crazies primarying people in other parts of the country.  The GOP at the grass roots level is off the fucking rails these days.

Political parties with insane people will always eat their own.  Look at the Democrats in '68 and '72.

In this case I think they are barking up the right tree for the wrong reasons. We really should stop electing 80 year olds to the Senate.

used to be that you'd had to be nearly geriatric before you were allowed into the senate....
o tempora, o mores :p

We're talking about the US here. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 26, 2014, 11:13:32 AM
Seriously.  If administrators can be subject to mandatory retirement, why not legislators?  Neither seems particularly physically demanding, and both show similar degrees of required cogency.

Same reason that term limits don't fly.  Unconstitutional.

Well obviously it would have to be an amendment to the Constitution like the Presidential term limit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on January 27, 2014, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2014, 04:19:47 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 26, 2014, 11:13:32 AM
Seriously.  If administrators can be subject to mandatory retirement, why not legislators?  Neither seems particularly physically demanding, and both show similar degrees of required cogency.

Same reason that term limits don't fly.  Unconstitutional.

Well obviously it would have to be an amendment to the Constitution like the Presidential term limit.

DSB* wasn't talking about an amendment, though.  He was comparing legislators to administrators.  Mandatory retirement for administrators didn't come about due to constitutional amendments.

*yes, I know, it's DSB so it is moronic, and he himself notes that you can't take anything he says seriously, but that's where the discussion started.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: grumbler on January 27, 2014, 11:57:26 AM*yes, I know, it's DSB so it is moronic, and he himself notes that you can't take anything he says seriously, but that's where the discussion started.

Look, g, we all know that trolling and pointless ad hominem attacks is just "what you do" around here, but is this really necessary?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Actually DSB did say that we take his posting too seriously.

grumbler

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 27, 2014, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 27, 2014, 11:57:26 AM*yes, I know, it's DSB so it is moronic, and he himself notes that you can't take anything he says seriously, but that's where the discussion started.

Look, g, we all know that trolling and pointless ad hominem attacks is just "what you do" around here, but is this really necessary?

Look, CM, we all know that trolling and pointless ad hominem attacks is just "what you do" around here, but could you actually cite examples of others trolling or engaging in ad hominem attacks before you troll and and launch ad hominem attacks?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Say what you will about grumbler's age, but he's still very young at heart when it comes to "I know you are, but what am I" counter-arguments.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on January 27, 2014, 12:43:46 PM
Say what you will about grumbler's age, but he's still very young at heart when it comes to "I know you are, but what am I" counter-arguments.

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on January 26, 2014, 06:25:36 PM
Moderate Republicans are what mainstream Republicans were 10 years ago.
Disagree. Moderate republicans are what mainstream democrats were 10 years ago.
The democrat party has been kidnapped by the far left loonies.
This not JFK's party, with low taxes and resistance to communism.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: grumbler on January 27, 2014, 12:19:43 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 27, 2014, 12:01:49 PM

Look, CM, we all know that trolling and pointless ad hominem attacks is just "what you do" around here, but could you actually cite examples of others trolling or engaging in ad hominem attacks before you troll and and launch ad hominem attacks?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)