News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Final Four

Started by Admiral Yi, January 19, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2014, 10:22:33 PM
To assess the historical impact of this game on the legacies of the players....

In light of the new NFL and a hall of fame class with a punter and no offensive players:

For the Broncos

Dustin Colquitt had 2 punts for 60 yards, with neither returned. His first punt was very shaky. His second punt was quite good and fair caught at the 9. Not a disasterous day, but he clearly didn't step up on the biggest stage. His team needed a big spark and he didn't come through. This will not be well considered by Hall voters. Ray Guy won three Super Bowls, Colquitt couldn't even keep his team competitive.

For the Seahawks
J. Ryan had 1 punt for 45 yards, and a net of 36 yards. His team, supported by a solid punting effort, DOMINATED. The Broncos needed a return that got them a lot of points, but by kicking the ball high in the air, J. Ryan gave the returner no chance. Also the rules gave the Broncos no chance as they needed 35 points and you can't get that many on one play. J. Ryan used the rules to supplement awesome punting to win his first Super Bowl. This helped his Hall of Fame candidacy.

:huh:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2014, 10:22:18 PM
Quote from: Neil on February 02, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
They made a non-shameful choice for MVP.

Switched over to 60mins, who did it go to?
Malcolm Smith, the linebacker.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on February 02, 2014, 10:24:57 PM

Malcolm Smith, the linebacker.

Ah, yeah the Pick 6 guy, guess I can see it going to him.

alfred russel

I didn't know Andre Reed got in.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

katmai

U fail at Football fanboi Dorsey. :thumbsdown:

derspiess

Are people seriously complaining about Ray Guy getting into the hall of fame? Dude was a legend.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Malcolm Smith.  If he hadn't scored, I think Chancellor might've gotten it on D.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on February 02, 2014, 10:24:42 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2014, 10:22:33 PM
To assess the historical impact of this game on the legacies of the players....

In light of the new NFL and a hall of fame class with a punter and no offensive players:

For the Broncos

Dustin Colquitt had 2 punts for 60 yards, with neither returned. His first punt was very shaky. His second punt was quite good and fair caught at the 9. Not a disasterous day, but he clearly didn't step up on the biggest stage. His team needed a big spark and he didn't come through. This will not be well considered by Hall voters. Ray Guy won three Super Bowls, Colquitt couldn't even keep his team competitive.

For the Seahawks
J. Ryan had 1 punt for 45 yards, and a net of 36 yards. His team, supported by a solid punting effort, DOMINATED. The Broncos needed a return that got them a lot of points, but by kicking the ball high in the air, J. Ryan gave the returner no chance. Also the rules gave the Broncos no chance as they needed 35 points and you can't get that many on one play. J. Ryan used the rules to supplement awesome punting to win his first Super Bowl. This helped his Hall of Fame candidacy.

:huh:
Dorsey is raging hard about Ray Guy and doesn't know who Andre Reed is.

The guy whose whole persona was about being clueless about football is who we thought he was.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on February 02, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
Are people seriously complaining about Ray Guy getting into the hall of fame? Dude was a legend.

Dorsey only one i know, i trolled Scips about it, but think that was it.

sbr

Not sure if "people" are.

alfred russel

I am. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Just the people who've proven before that they talk out of their asses when it comes to football.

alfred russel

How many people here actually watched Ray Guy punting in the 70s and early 80s?

sbr