News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Final Four

Started by Admiral Yi, January 19, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2014, 10:44:28 PM
A punter? Was your father freaked out about this?

First of all, why would he?  Second of all, I played offensive/defensive lineman and unfortunately could never punt or kick farther than average.  For some reason in youth football and junior high they always just picked the tallest kid to kick.

QuoteI used to try to emulate Michael Irvin. I used to snort dirt to simulate snorting coke (seriously).  :lol:

That's... interesting.  Did you actually play, or just wear an 88 jersey and go around snorting dirt?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on February 03, 2014, 02:35:19 PM

That's... interesting.  Did you actually play, or just wear an 88 jersey and go around snorting dirt?

We are talking about when I was 7 or 8. I didn't play except with kids in the neighborhood. I didn't even have a 47 (his number with Miami) jersey. I basically just went around snorting dirt.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 03, 2014, 02:57:02 AM
Quote from: fhdz on February 03, 2014, 02:07:14 AM
Seattle played perfect football. The haters' tears are delicious.

Would've been nice if the biggest game of the year had been a contest. Don't think that sentiment qualifies as "hate".

Yeah, I have no real rooting interest in either team;  I just wanted a good game and didn't get it.

Valmy

For the first time since January of 1970 the Minnesota Vikings have not lost the most Super Bowls.  Denver now has that illustrious achievement all for itself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on February 03, 2014, 07:21:11 PM
For the first time since January of 1970 the Minnesota Vikings have not lost the most Super Bowls.  Denver now has that illustrious achievement all for itself.
At least Denver's won two, Minnesota hasn't won any.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 03, 2014, 02:57:02 AM
Quote from: fhdz on February 03, 2014, 02:07:14 AM
Seattle played perfect football. The haters' tears are delicious.

Would've been nice if the biggest game of the year had been a contest. Don't think that sentiment qualifies as "hate".

It was a contest...between Denver's offense and Seattle's defense. Seattle proved conclusively that Manning's offense is not an unstoppable juggernaut. I found it a very exciting game...but I like watching good defense.
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

Highest Scoring offenses still tout 0'fer in SB
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

I have really enjoyed watching Seattle's run this year.  I didnt think it could get any better than the victory last night.  Then I read sbr's posts.  Pure bliss.

sbr

CountDeMoney

Sorry, sbr...but hating on the Seattle Seahawks is like hating on the San Diego Padres, sea otters or the Swiss.  It just doesn't work.

Neil

I wasn't super impressed by the Seattle offence, but then again they didn't really need to do much to win the game.  It's hard to look awesome when the other team is so pathetic.

The best part of this is that anybody who says that defence doesn't win championships anymore can look at this game and realize how foolish they are.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

It works very well for me thanks.

I had to watch the fucking Seahawks led by fucking Rick Mirer every goddamn Sunday because the TV networks thinks Portland is a suburb of Seattle.

Troy Aikman against Steve Young?  Nope, Portland you can suck it.  Watch the Seachickens piss another game down their legs.

They deserved this Super Bowl, but they are a perennially bad team that fell into some good players for a change.  Once these guys start leaving to get paid they will go back to their typical 5-11 record with the 12th Idiot back at home doign more worthwhile things than rooting for one of the most irrelevant NFL franchises  around.

sbr