NFL Week 14: 'Tis the season to get fired

Started by CountDeMoney, December 06, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 09:30:34 AM
NFC's a bunch of finesse-play pretty boys.  They can't handle the physicality of the AFC.

Then why is the AFC 27-31 against the NFC this year?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2013, 10:27:27 AM
Very true, but it's made for some wicked exciting games. I can't remember a more entertaining regular season. Brady has already lead the team to five comeback wins!

That is not a stat you want your team leading in.

derspiess

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 11, 2013, 10:28:16 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 09:30:34 AM
NFC's a bunch of finesse-play pretty boys.  They can't handle the physicality of the AFC.

Then why is the AFC 27-31 against the NFC this year?

Bears happened to get extremely lucky against a couple AFC teams-- should be 29-29 :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Quote from: Valmy on December 11, 2013, 09:25:51 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 09:20:11 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on December 10, 2013, 11:44:16 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2013, 02:00:05 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2013, 11:03:45 PM
But that's unpossible.

The NFC is such a sideshow, innit?

The talking heads are putting Seachickens and niners as 1-2 in the power rankings in front of Denver.   :contract:

Well yeah, they play in the NFC.  That'll inflate it a few spots.

What the heck are you talking about?  The AFC is an absolute trainwreck outside of KC, Denver, and New England.

He's pulling an SBR, talking out of his ass  :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 11, 2013, 12:21:58 PM

I may have embellished a little, but Valmy's claim was equally over the top.  Especially since he dissed my Bungles :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Understandable, but you have to understand where the Redskins are right now..... :console:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 11, 2013, 12:43:56 PM
Understandable, but you have to understand where the Redskins are right now..... :console:

The same sort of place they usually are? :P

I have to admit I am being blinded by all the drama around the Skins and Texas recently and have not been paying as close of attention as maybe I should.  If the Bungles are on a hot streak good for them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Cinci is playing pretty well, but really inconsistent.  This should be their year to reach the AFC championship, but I don't see them getting past Denver at all, to be honest.

derspiess

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 11, 2013, 12:48:59 PM
Cinci is playing pretty well, but really inconsistent.

Dalton has been inconsistent for part of the season, but not really the rest of the team.  And even with his inconsistency, the defense kept them in the game.  They're 7-2 in their last nine games and both losses were in OT.

QuoteThis should be their year to reach the AFC championship, but I don't see them getting past Denver at all, to be honest.

If they just win one playoff game just to get that monkey off the team's back I'll be reasonably satisfied.  But assuming that happens, I would say they have something of a shot at beating Manning in the playoffs-- assuming someone else doesn't do it first.

Berkut

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 11, 2013, 10:35:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000295565/article/rob-gronkowskis-knee-injury-becomes-point-of-tackling-controversy

What a load of horseshit.

He didn't go low on Gronk because he was afraid of getting fined for hitting him in the head - he went low because if he had went anywhere else Gronkowski wouldn't even have noticed he was there, and they would still be picking bits and pieces of him out of the turf.

Gronkowski is 6'6" and 270 lbs. Ward is more than half a foot shorter and probably 75 lbs lighter. He went low because that is the only way to bring someone like Gronkowski down.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 12:36:18 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on December 11, 2013, 12:21:58 PM

I may have embellished a little, but Valmy's claim was equally over the top.  Especially since he dissed my Bungles :angry:

There ain't no fricken difference between the AFC and NFC.  Its not like the NFC has designated hitters or some shit.

derspiess

Disagree.  Particularly when you look at divisions, there are differences.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on December 11, 2013, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 11, 2013, 10:35:36 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000295565/article/rob-gronkowskis-knee-injury-becomes-point-of-tackling-controversy
What a load of horseshit.

He didn't go low on Gronk because he was afraid of getting fined for hitting him in the head - he went low because if he had went anywhere else Gronkowski wouldn't even have noticed he was there, and they would still be picking bits and pieces of him out of the turf.

Gronkowski is 6'6" and 270 lbs. Ward is more than half a foot shorter and probably 75 lbs lighter. He went low because that is the only way to bring someone like Gronkowski down.
By the time he was hit, he might not have been defenseless anyways.  He had taken a couple of steps and turned around, so a headshot might have been legal anyways.  The reason he went low on Gronkowski is because that's the only way that a small DB can tackle a monster like that.  That said, it does seem to me (just from the games I've watched) that guys are going low more often than they used to.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.