NFL Week 14: 'Tis the season to get fired

Started by CountDeMoney, December 06, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 05:29:25 PM
Disagree.  Particularly when you look at divisions, there are differences.
The main difference is in media coverage.  The media will pretend that the NFC East is interesting and important no matter what.  The NFC North also gets a lot of love no matter how crappy it is, but at least it's a good division right now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on December 11, 2013, 06:37:03 PM
The main difference is in media coverage.  The media will pretend that the NFC East is interesting and important no matter what.  The NFC North also gets a lot of love no matter how crappy it is, but at least it's a good division right now.

NFC North is weak this year compared to the last several?    :huh:

And the NFC Least is no different than the AFC Least, which has the pats.

Take off your bias caps, boys.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

I've always been an NFC guy and i think the NFC East is an embarrasment this year.

CountDeMoney

The differences in the conferences were much more delineated before true free agency in '93.
Nowadays, the only real differences you see between the conferences are teams that design themselves to compete against their divisional rivals, and the competitiveness that comes from the coaching trees.

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 11, 2013, 07:59:45 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 11, 2013, 06:37:03 PM
NFC North is weak this year compared to the last several?    :huh:

And the NFC Least is no different than the AFC Least, which has the pats.

Take off your bias caps, boys.
No, the NFC North is pretty good an entertaining the last couple of years compared to recently.  There are three good teams in there, and even Minnesota can be fun.  I'm thinking about those years when I started watching the NFL, when the Packers ruled that division the way the Patriots rule the AFC East, but somehow Bears-Packers was considered to be a great rivalry game.  These days though, the Bears, Packers and Lions are all good fun.  NFC West is good too.

And at least the AFC East has one good team in it, even if that team is pure evil.  The NFC East has four bad teams in it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 11, 2013, 08:03:25 PM
I've always been an NFC guy and i think the NFC East is an embarrasment this year.

Yes, but it is interesting, in the way that 20-car pileups on the freeway are interesting.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

jimmy olsen

Saying they "look decent" is hardly a ringing endorsement.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

As the judge of languish, Timmay's appeal is denied.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 11, 2013, 10:22:48 PM

It's enough.  I'll send my Eagles fan friends your way when their team tanks in the last 3 games & ends up 8-8.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Timmay will be pummeled by snowballs, just like Santa.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 11:22:31 PM

It's enough.  I'll send my Eagles fan friends your way when their team tanks in the last 3 games & ends up 8-8.
I have a great uncle that is an Eagles fan.

1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 12, 2013, 04:51:50 AM
Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 11:22:31 PM

I have a great uncle that is an Eagles fan.

Good, he can guide derspisess's friends to you.