NFL Week 14: 'Tis the season to get fired

Started by CountDeMoney, December 06, 2013, 02:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I've never seen a stadium crowd with snow that didn't throw snowballs.

But he's right about the officiating, it was atrocious.  They blew that Vikings fumble, and took that Vikings interception away.  Vikings: not a Priority Franchise.

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  I like the new av, Seedy.  Straight to the point.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 09, 2013, 09:20:37 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2013, 04:00:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2013, 03:57:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2013, 03:53:19 PM
I'll wear the Dallas Clark jersey my wife bought me years ago.

Is it in the closet next to your Bengals #14 jersey??

Please. Dalton's jersey belongs on the floor.

C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT   SACKS   QBR   RTG
A. Dalton   24/35   275   7.9   3   0   0-0   89.2   120.5

I only watched a bit of the game. The Philly snow game interested me more. I was hoping for some snowball action from the Filthydelphia crowd.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 09, 2013, 12:01:19 PM
But he's right about the officiating, it was atrocious.  They blew that Vikings fumble, and took that Vikings interception away.  Vikings: not a Priority Franchise.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-king-spends-week-with-nfl-refs/
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Cincy hasn't thrown anything since the Sam Wyche speech  :)

QuoteBut he's right about the officiating, it was atrocious.  They blew that Vikings fumble, and took that Vikings interception away.  Vikings: not a Priority Franchise.

Leslie Frazier isn't good at influencing refs.  He's not much good at anything.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Great article on Mike Shanahan and Dan Snyder.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/12/9/5191564/must-read-mike-shanahans-brilliant-last-act-by-kc-clyburn

Very interesting, though hard to say how true it is.  Basically saying that Mike Shanahan checked out last year and has slowly been leaking info to make himself and his son look good before their departure after they've done fuckall for the skins.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Valmy

Ah drama, backstabbing, and chaos.  It is the one thing the Redskins lead the league in under Snyder.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

What are your thoughts as a long time red skins fan?  You guys have all conditioned me to hate Snyder and its always his fault.

And comment on my picture on the first page I posted JUST FOR YOU   :mad:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 09, 2013, 12:54:44 PM
Great article on Mike Shanahan and Dan Snyder.

QuoteI want an apology for cardiovascular endurance, for "I'd stake my career on John Beck",

:lol:

:unsure:

"Trust me, Baltimore.  I know quarterbacks."
--Coach Brian Billick, on signing Scott Mitchell, 1999

:face:

Sometimes you just need John Elway.  OR JOE FLACCO, HON

Valmy

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 08, 2013, 04:31:20 PM
Valmy fans representin :D

At least 25 or so fans left i'd imagine

I admire those 25 brave souls.

But seriously you can see the Skins have some pieces in place and if everybody just stayed calm we could be ok.  But NOOOOO everybody has to lose their shit and we have drama around the coach, we have drama around the QB.  We fans know a total blow up is coming and all our progress is about to be burned to the ground.  Morale is in the shitter.  I just hope the Rams enjoy their top 5 pick.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Still waiting for that explanation of how Antonio Brown's foot didn't magically land in bounds at the end of the game yesterday.

Berkut

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 09, 2013, 01:53:47 PM

Still waiting for that explanation of how Antonio Brown's foot didn't magically land in bounds at the end of the game yesterday.

I don't understand - he clearly stepped out, right? This wasn't something the officials screwed up, is it?

0 rows returned

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Berkut on December 09, 2013, 02:43:56 PM
I don't understand - he clearly stepped out, right? This wasn't something the officials screwed up, is it?

Yes he did.  According to Seedy's "priority franchise" mantra, though, the replay official should have conveniently missed that so the Steelers could win the game with a spectacular last-ditch play.

Berkut

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 09, 2013, 02:49:32 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 09, 2013, 02:43:56 PM

Yes he did.  According to Seedy's "priority franchise" mantra, though, the replay official should have conveniently missed that so the Steelers could win the game with a spectacular last-ditch play.

Oh right. Yeah, Seedy is pretty much full of shit though, so what do you want?

0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 09, 2013, 02:49:32 PM
According to Seedy's "priority franchise" mantra, though, the replay official should have conveniently missed that so the Steelers could win the game with a spectacular last-ditch play.

I already explained to you the plausible deniability factor involved in Priority Franchise Theory.  Steelheads can't get all the calls all the time, that would expose the League Office.

And besides, I neither saw the game nor the highlights, so I can't make a definitive statement at this time regarding that particular play.  But you're forgetting an adjunct corollary to Priority Franchise Theory:  the importance and impact of the opponent is taken into consideration, too.  In yesterday's case, the Miami Dolphins simply weren't that important to intervene against.

But the Dolphins got the W, right?  So shut the fuck up already about it.